Water retention after workout

So I started spinning. Did my first workout two days ago. Didn't push myself too hard so I can explore my limits nevertheless can't feel my legs for two days now (so I guess I did push myself enough).
Expectedly, I gained weight (water) yesterday and today (1.5 lb). For how long should I expect water retention to keep?

The reason I am asking is that I am plateauing for two weeks now and I suspect this is not a plateu but my will power (extra jogurt spoon here extra nuts there, keeping healthy but portions bigger. etc.). Since I don't measure too exactly my calories, I can see this happening (though i am really far from my tdee - was averaging abou 800 cal diff the last month). So I planned to join the class and not eat my calories back so I can even out the food intake. But I don't know when to say I should tighten the food and when to say I should just wait it out and keep going.

Insights?

Replies

• MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    Your best bet is to get a food scale and measure everything (especially calorie dense foods like nuts, oils etc), so you know for certain that you are in a deficit. If you have never used a food scale before your portion sizes may be off. That aside, from personal experience, I have found that water retention after starting a new routine can last about a month, including my TOM where I retain even more.