One Year Later - 60lbs Gone - W/Pics

Options
Today I am 60 pounds lighter!!! I had hoped to lose 75 pounds in this first year but gosh darn it, I am getting closer and closer to that mark! Even though I did not reach my one year goal, I will hold my head up high and be proud that I have made it this far. I will celebrate my size 10 and not, for one second, morn my old size 18/20 body. I will celebrate the fact that I can run alongside my daughter as she rides her bike, and not morn the mom I used to be, that would sit on the bench and watch my daughter play. I will celebrate all of the times I have been asked "How in the world did you do it?" and all of the "Holy cow, you look amazing!" remarks, and not, for a second, miss how I felt on 8/23/2010, when my doctor walked in to meet me for the first time and, right off the bat, asked "Have you always been so overweight?" a moment that inspired me to work towards where I am today.

The photos on the left are my before, the photos on the right are recent. 226lbs to 166lbs.

Picture1.png

I still have a ways to go but knowing all that I have accomplished in this last year, I am certain that I will get there.

So with that, happy one year anniversary to me!

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the amazing work!!!! :D
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done you! And you look beautiful on ALL your pictures, you have a stunning smile! x
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Look at how much bigger your smile is ~ beautiful! Congratulations on how far you've come - and all the best as you continue towards your goal!!! You rock girl!!! :happy:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!! You look great!
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great and you're even smiling bigger!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great job you look amazing! :)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great! So proud of you for working hard to achieve your goal and having such a positive attitude. Way to go!!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you have done a great job....you will continue to get to your goal. BE PROUD! you deserve it.
  • kdgolfer
    kdgolfer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How awesome are you? Your smile in your current pictures is surely reflecting how much better you feel about yourself. Your starting weight is just 5 lbs from where I am today. Just to think one year from today I could, no WILLbe at 60 lbs gone is truly motivating.

Thanks for sharing your success!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I nominate you as today's "See What Happens When you Stay the Course?" girl. :)
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Congrats!! Great job you look amazing! :):flowerforyou:
  • ksgran
    ksgran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fabulous girl, you! Thanks for the inspiration and don't look back!
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! You look fantastic!! :happy: :happy:
  • aprildauer
    aprildauer Posts: 168
    Options
    Awesome job! You are a true inspiration to all! You have motivated me that I need to get to work. I cant just sit here and get to where I need to be. Thanks so much for posting!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    GJ!! i love how u can tell that u feel alot better bout urself :P in the before pics first no one no smile.. second one a smerk but doesnt look real... the after pics.. its like u have a permanent smile lol
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    wow, you are gorgeous...I can not wait to get to where you are. I am starting off for the second time at 210...same height.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The smile in your face says it all. Great job, you look wonderful.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Wow! You're a knock out! Beautiful!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    You look amazingly Wonderful! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!