Looking for something to do after 30DS

Options
I wanted to know if anyone knew of any good martial arts workout videos. I can't afford to take a class, and it'd be nice to learn some self defense while getting fit at the same time.

Replies

• awkennon
    awkennon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Jillians "ripped in 30" and like it a lot better than 30DS-which I've been doing off and on for a while. I think she's better at it, and the exercises are similar, but feel different.
  • paintitblack
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is the natural progression from 30DS if you enjoyed that. Level 1 of RI30 is similar to Level 3 of 30DS in my opinion and then it gets tougher from there on in! You'll be doing the same sort of stuff but at a higher intensity.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind. But I wanted to try somethinng more along the lines of self defense and kickboxing, besides Tae Bo because I have a bunch of Billy Blanks videos lol
  • MN_Grl_8
    MN_Grl_8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is a great program for only about $10! I have been doing it for almost a month and definitely see my muscles everywhere toning up. Also, it has increased my endurance for running like crazy - I cannot believe how much it has helped! Definitely recommend!
  • babylemonade
    Options
    I was thinking of doing weights on the side but I want to try something different. I don't want to do another Jillian Michaels DVD just yet.
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    I have got the 30 day shred but loads of people talk about the 'Ripped' is that like the 30 day shred for 20minutes per day and levels?
  • babylemonade
    Options
    Is everybody just ignoring what I'm asking? lol
  • babylemonade
    Options
    Anyone else have any ideas?
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking into Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. While it's not strickly Martial Arts, it does incorporate kicks and punches. Cardio Kickboxing to be exact.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Look for Kelly Coffey-Meyer. She has 30 min Kickboxing and Boxing workouts. I think that is what you are looking for. :wink: The titles that I would recommend 30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing and Train Like a Contender. totalfitnessdvds.com (they have video clips) is a good place to purchase some good workouts or Amazon has them also. Kimberly Spreen is another instructor that I would recommend.
  • babylemonade
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look into it :)