I need below 200

Options
tufntender
tufntender Posts: 98 Member
what can you suggest, since Iove crave carbs such as pasta rice, bread etc.. I am pretty rural and went to a " health food store" and a 2 cup of bone broth was about 9 bucks, I love beans, rice all that, but I have come to the end, eh, Some things ren't feasible for me as a freking carb lover, A loaf of whatcha ma call it is like 4 bucks, someone on a budget can't afford it

Replies

• tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    below 200
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I love fibergourmet pastas. I can only find them online. 120 to 130 calories per serving, 20 g fiber and 7 grams protein. They taste like white pasta.
  • atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lol I always wonder who these people are who pay those kinds of prices as if they somehow don't realize that bone broth comes from...making broth...out of bones, can you believe it?

But as a fellow carb lover, when I need a filling meal I usually go for potato or rice (at 200 calories you can get a respectable portion of either which can be stretched out with other veggies that add almost nothing.)

Although I find the ultimate way to fool my tastebuds is still a heaping plate of spaghetti...made with spaghetti squash. The texture and taste of normal spaghetti is all there and it can be enjoyed in absolutely massive portions.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Zoodles and your favorite pasta sauce
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Bread, and lots of it, was my trigger food. 2 loaves over lunch with plenty of stuff on top and inside with about 3.000 calories to boot. Once I understood what "trigger food" means, I have slowly changed to vegetables and salads instead. I still eat the odd potato / a little pasta but after 320 days I do not miss bread on a daily basis. But it certainly helps me NOT to have a decent loaf at home and when I pass a bakery and the smell becomes overwhelming, I just cross the street. Nowadays when I think about bread I also remember those terrible bouts of heart burn. Since I changed to a healthier life style and meal plan, I never had those bouts again. Thanks MFP and member's good advise.