Single mom

Options
Hi! May name is Sara and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am looking to dump my pregnancy wight, my depression weight AND my ex left me for a really good friend weight. In total we are talking a whopping 70Lbs!!

Please feel free to say hi!

Replies

• baldasare
    Options
    Hey! I believe you can do it!! keep it up and you can accompish anything! If you need any advice you can ask me! Amy
  • lizsquish
    Options
    i'm new too! welcome! people here are SO nice and encouraging. you will quickly become really addicted. friend me! all my best, Liz
  • talon1977
    Options
    I am a single mom too. Similar issues but I left him. I would love to encourage you daily with my own personal journey I have to currently lose 121 lbs. WE can do it!
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl. My ex left me one month ago. we have a little boy together and i am currently at 200 lbs and im 5'5. So according to my BMI of 33, i am very obese. lol. i want to lose anywhere from 70-50 lbs. and maybe just be a comfortable 8. I just joined on Thursday and i really do love this site. I've tried to logg my food before but without much success. but for some reason, MFP makes it easy. maybe i was just ready to start logging i dont know. I want to get some full body picture, and i need them soon. :-D well good luck girls. i know we can get through this :-D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,978 Member
    Options
    Meh, you already lost 190 lbs by getting rid of that loser guy.....oh, make that 350 lbs, I assume the "friend" is also kicked out of your life! (?)
  • StacyMelody
    StacyMelody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am really glad that you joined myfitnesspal. I am pretty new here myself, but I definitely understand the depression and extra weight lurking around. I think it's great that you want to get in shape after having a baby; it'll be really cool for you to be able to run around with the little one. :) If you need a friend or someone to talk to, I'm here for you. Now let's lose those pounds!
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, I am in the same position too! We should start a single mom's weight loss challenge and inspire each other :)
  • SheShe1987
    Options
    Welcome Sara! I'm new too, and so far there seems to be a lot of nice people willing to help out in anyway they can...no matter what it is. You can do it...we can do it!!! Friend me if you like...good luck to you!
  • llbreell
    llbreell Posts: 37
    Options
    you can do it :) Stay driven and you will succeed :D good luck!
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll reach you goals. Just don't give up!
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    BOY THAT SOUNDS SOOOOOOO LIKE ME LOL..........KEEP PUSHING ON GIRL THE REWARDS COME IN MANY WAYS, I LOST 12 LBS BEFORE I JOINED AND ANOTHER 11 SINCE....FUNNY HOW CERTAIN THINGS CAN MOTIVATE YOU....KEEP IT UP!!!
  • KENNY1957
    Options
    Ahhhhhh LOVE THAT QUOTE.....IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD............CHANGE YOURSELF FIRST!!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck!!
  • KENNY1957
    Options
    WELCOME LIZ.........WELCOME TO A NEW LIFESTYLE! CHANGE IS GOOD AND THE REWARDS....WELL BELIEVING IN YOUR SELF IS THE FIRST ONE YOU AUTOMATICALLY GET, THATS A FREEB..........THE REST BECOME WELL EARNED!!!KEEP IT UP!