Calories vs WW points

Options
Hi,
I am back after 10 mths of Weight Watchers and losing only .2 lbs/week. I really do enjoy the weight watchers program. I like attending meetings and find the food I eat is something I can sustain for a lifetime. Just good old fashion clean eating. The problem is my weight loss is so slow. I decided to work out my alloted 23 pts for calories. It turns out my portion sizes have been out of whack. I like this app and find it seems to be working well along with my ww program. So far I have lost 10.5 lbs and feel great, only 15 more lbs to go till I get to goal. I am not giving up!

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The problem with WW points is that they are an oversimplified version of calorie counting. They are made to match up with an approximate amount of calories, but one group of foods that are 23 points can have a big calorie difference from another group of foods that are 23 points. So I can see how that would cause issues.
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW member (lifetime) but prefer this app over the WW app. I like the accountability of the meetings and weigh ins. Using either app a digital food scale is pretty important so you know how much you are actually eating, I'm terrible at estimating.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I do both...I attend WW meetings, log all my points and I also log all my food into MFP...this has been successful for me, since joining WW in January of 2018 I have lost 83 pounds. I find that using both methods keeps me focused on what I choose to eat (you could carried away with the so-called zero point foods in WW) and helps me to keep going. Whatever works for you is the path you should take. The weight loss might be slow but it won't get any faster if we quit. You will get to goal in your time, you are doing great!