Options
I have none, nil, nada, zilch.

I can't even bring myself to do 1 push up, it's been 2 months now "nothing"

Anyone got any suggestions?

Replies

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to choose to do what you don't want to do. Do it for long enough and you'll develop a good habit.
  • keithwp99
    keithwp99 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If there is no over arching reason for you to do something other than nothing, then you won't. Simple human nature.

I will give you one piece of advice tho assuming you do have some sort of motivation.
    When I have felt off and not working out I just focus on that one thing. Just focus on getting up, focus on getting ready (lay all running clothes and water out night before), focus on getting out the door, etc. Just break it down to getting thru each step.

You'll be surprised at how well that works. Objects once in motion, tend to stay in motion. ie exercise becomes a habit.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad @puffbrat
    Thank you soooooooo helpful.
    Decision made.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    keithwp99 wrote: »
    If there is no over arching reason for you to do something other than nothing, then you won't. Simple human nature.

I will give you one piece of advice tho assuming you do have some sort of motivation.
    When I have felt off and not working out I just focus on that one thing. Just focus on getting up, focus on getting ready (lay all running clothes and water out night before), focus on getting out the door, etc. Just break it down to getting thru each step.

You'll be surprised at how well that works. Objects once in motion, tend to stay in motion. ie exercise becomes a habit.

That sounds so simple, I'll actually have to give it a try. Thanks for breaking it down like this :)
  • melissaking572
    melissaking572 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support and motivation! It's better on days that your not motivated and would love to help one another! Feel free to add me as I'm not sure how to yet