Best alcohol to drink??

Options
K6eod1
K6eod1 Posts: 4 Member
Hi guys,
I'm back 6 kids later and 4 stone heavier, what's the best alcohol to drink on a rare night out whilst keeping on track?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like the taste of, if you're logging it.

Prosecco, 90 cals a glass, is my drink of choice.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well, I just discovered a gluten-free beer, which turns out it was only 99 calories and 5 carbs. Check out the brand Omission.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the "anti diet soda" bandwagon so I'll do something like a higher shelf vodka and Sprite Zero or Diet Cherry Coke at times. I honestly don't mind Michelob Ultra if I'm doing beer, I just don't have a ton of them.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Glass of wine.... If you keep it reasonable and stay away from regular soda mixers.....I say drink whatever you want - in reason - 6 kids and a date night! That's a celebration!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a craft IPA in the mug club 20oz size, for about 350 or so calories, but that's what gives this li'l ol' lady maximum enjoyment. I'm not you.

If I were trying to get the most alcohol effect for the fewest calories, I'd go with a clear, unsweetened spirit (like vodka, rum, gin, etc. - they're all close) plus a zero calorie mixer. For me, that'd be sparkling water, and I'd add lime wedge (or maybe some mint leaves) for negligible extra calories. If you like diet soda/pop, that's an option as a mixer. Flavored (not sweetened!) vodka can add some variety for equally negligible calories. I like the Deep Eddy Ruby Red (red grapefruit flavor) pretty well (67 calories per 1-ounce shot).
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    RumChata pods to add to coffee is my go-to weekend relaxation drink :)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Top shelf rum, neat. None of that mixer.

I recommend El Dorado 15 year, Ron Zacapa XO and Pyrat XO Reserve
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There is no "best", they all have calories, like any food. I would choose whatever you enjoy and just account for the calories.
  • hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like best! If it really is an occasional night out and the diet can go hang. Enjoy it!
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    25 ml of Malibu and coke zero. Approx 50 cals.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Or have what u like , enjoy it
    Ur a mother u work hard so let u hair down and enjoy ur night out
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    If I don't have many calories to spare I will go for a slimline G&T but if I know a night out is coming up I'll usually try to save a few calories during the week so I can have some tasty craft beers.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Truly!
    100 calories 2grams of carbs
    5mrsywzhoz57.png
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tequila
  • trujillo_charlene
    Options
    Six kids and a RARE night out? I'd say drink anything you want! Enjoy! ♥

I laughed so hard at this because of the accuracy.
  • trujillo_charlene
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    The correct answer is "none".

I have heard that too but my dietitian also told me that when we deprive ourselves of what we initially want then We crave it more I'm new to this so any information is nice.