Will this weight loss strategy work? CICO?

Options
lemonginger35
lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I need to lose 8-10 Kg in 2 months time for medical reasons. I plan to create a deficit of 1100 calories every day by reducing my food intake & walking 8 Km in 2 hrs time. That leaves me with about 1000 calorie intake.
My question is does CICO really work this way?
I’m 35 year old female weighing 86Kg & height of 158cm.

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    See your Doctor if it's for medical reasons. he will monitor you if you go on a low calorie plan!!!

CICO - On top of your 1100 calories you eat another 1000 calories to make up for the 1000 calorie you burn in exercise so your Calorie intake for the day will be 2100!! / So that's 1000 calorie you burn in exercise and 1100 you need to live to feed your heart / lungs/ brain and others!!!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    8k daily on 1000 calories is a bad idea. Talk to your Dr.
  • alir
    alir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have similar starting stats to you and have managed to get nearly 7kg off in 2 months. It has taken some really dedicated effort - I've been following strict keto with IF, aiming for 1300-1500 cal/day depending on activity level. 2 x weights/week and 2x cardio/week. It's been tough, but totally do-able, and have found on LCHF my appetite and hunger levels have been "reset". So, I think up to 8kg in 2 months may be possible at a push, but if your doctor wants you to lose 10kg, then you need a medically supervised programme. Why so much in such a short space of time? Are you being assessed for surgery?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 8-10 Kg in 2 months time for medical reasons. I plan to create a deficit of 1100 calories every day by reducing my food intake & walking 8 Km in 2 hrs time. That leaves me with about 1000 calorie intake.
    My question is does CICO really work this way?
    I’m 35 year old female weighing 86Kg & height of 158cm.

CICO does work that way but what are the medical reasons? That's a lot to try and drop in 2 months.