Right arm fatigue?

Options
Howdy

Been lurking around reading but could do with some reassurance on an issue with my right arm.

Quick summary, lost over 2 stone last year through diet improvement and plenty of gym work, cardio and weights.
This year I want to develop muscle and strength.

I'm generally in good health and fitness now and am training with a mate who's about to become a qualified PT so I have support there.

My issue is my right arm it's fatigue and weakens far too sooner compared to my left.
For example, yesterday was arm day, towards the end of the session we was doing concentration curls with a cable going to full arm stretch, i was only on 7.5kg, my left arm worked perfectly on full movement but my right arm just won't move, if I get support getting it passed 90 degree bend I can move it myself and almost control the release but it feels as if there's no muscle engagement.

I'm hoping this is just something I can work on through more exercise.

Cheers

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Are you right or left handed. Try dumbbell hammer curls see if its the same?? did you mate say anything where you guys working to failure and just killing the Arms?? But all the same you should see a doctor if it is not normal and it's always good to do doctor check ups blood pressure check blood test don't just try work through it mate go doctors.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic.

I personally would not try to work through that until I saw a doctor. What you're describing goes far beyond any imbalance that I've ever read about.
  • goldstar0011
    goldstar0011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right handed and we do work to fail, I can handle dumbbell hammers ok but the right arm will fail before the left so we try to drop my weight more than I'd like.

I've considered the doctor but I neglected to mention in my OP that I had a cortisone injection in my wrist before Christmas for a pain I get unrelated to gym.
    We've been assuming that the arm is just week as we've avoided heavy lifting alot due to the wrist and that it's just weak.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I see so you had a injury? could be nerve damage My leg is the same I was told it shuts down due to pain??? and for sure muscle weakness happens have you seen a gyro ball?? for wrist exercise . But it's still good to see doctor if you feel you need to!!
  • goldstar0011
    goldstar0011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not really an injury, just started getting some pain, wanted to get it looked into before became serious. It did hold me back as limited weight on barbells and dumbbells until now. Yeah will check out the gyroball.

Cheers everyone