Short ladies, what are you eating?

Options
What does your daily meal plan look like? What is keeping you full? I’m 5 ft and allowed 1,340 calories per day. I need new ideas as I’m starting to get into a rut. I shop at Aldi and Kroger so I’m most familiar and partial to the brands they sell. Thank you!😊

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Anything which doesn’t move in my case.

You might need to experiment a bit to see what makes you feel full; for me it’s protein from things like chicken and fish and tonnes of veggies (lots of fibre helps). But I also lift heavy weights (for me) and that means I eat a lot of calories even though I’m only 5’3. I need a good breakfast so something like protein pancakes with fruit and yog, I have a cooked lunch with lots of veggies and same for tea. I also have a second breakfast (usually a protein bar), mid afternoon snack (oatcakes and peanut butter) and I eat when I’m in the gym. And I have fruit throughout the day.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much everything. I'm 5'1" and maintain on 2300 calories. Current weight is anywhere from 123-126 and in a slight deficit at the moment. I do the majority of my shopping at Aldi and Meijer. After a while you'll figure out what combination of carbs, protein, and fat keep you feeling full. I eat a lot of carbs for strength training (don't keep track of grams), plus around 100 grams of protein, and the rest fat. That seems to work well for me.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I eat literally anything I want. I’m just under 5 feet, maintaining at 110-115 on 1400 calories plus exercise after a 100 pound weight loss.

You don’t have to eat anything special or different in order to lose weight. If you have trouble feeling full, you can try increasing your protein, fiber, and/or fat. These things help most people feel full, but which one(s) work for you is a matter of personal preference that you’ll have to find out through trial and error. For me, a high protein and high fiber breakfast helps me hit my macros and keeps me going until lunch.

Some people also feel full when they can eat a large volume of food. Low calorie veggies are usually great for this. There is a “volume eaters” thread if that approach appeals to you.
  • smframe1
    smframe1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking more protein is what works for me too. I should probably start doing some weight training. Thank you!:)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I maintain at 1650 ish and am trying to lose. It is difficult for me to feel full on less than my maintenance calories so I have to be very conscious of what fills me up and is worth my calories otherwise I am insanely hungry.

Typically I eat 2 eggs in the morning with fruit and tea. Sometimes I eat a protein bar or turkey bacon or potatoes.

Lunch is a salad or something more substantial if i skipped breakfast, like leftovers from the night before or tuna salad or lentils.

Dinner is whatever i have cooked. I eat mostly fish/shrimp/chicken/turkey or vegetarian meat substitute. This week I made chile Verde with chicken since i dont eat pork. Last week I made some greek style shrimp. I often eat salmon with rice or veggies. Yesterday i had a falafel wrap. On lazy days, I make chicken nuggets.