"Fantasy Land"..

Options

Replies

• SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I wish I started in car collections earlier in life.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »
    It was Colonel Mustard in the Ballroom with the Candlestick.

Love that movie... and the board game too!

Flames on the side of my face

*summoned*

Flames you say? I can help
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    The truth is I would never want to go back in time and do things differently. No matter what the outcome or success it would bring me. As much pain I’ve been through, I would never want to undo my failures. I would never want to unwind the clock and try to skip past the painful moments or try to live a perfect life because it’s my failures that have shaped and molded me the most. Not my successes.

This is really deep, Jenny. Gonna think about this for a while
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    The truth is I would never want to go back in time and do things differently. No matter what the outcome or success it would bring me. As much pain I’ve been through, I would never want to undo my failures. I would never want to unwind the clock and try to skip past the painful moments or try to live a perfect life because it’s my failures that have shaped and molded me the most. Not my successes.

There are things I would go back and change if I could. I sometimes struggle knowing that I can't but I've still taken the lessons from it. I also believe our successes shape and mold us just as much as our failures do.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. I wouldn’t change anything either, I’m a mess but at least I’m my own mess
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

There are things I would go back and change if I could. I sometimes struggle knowing that I can't but I've still taken the lessons from it. I also believe our successes shape and mold us just as much as our failures do.

Our successes are what moulds other peoples perception of us.....the failures are what mouldsour own character.

Well stated!

Thank you, but no need to change my spelling. In the US where i am currently located, we spell without the "u".....it seems Americans gave up the King's english quite a while ago. ;)

Don’t hate on the u, it gives it extra character.

All joking aside, that extra u actually can be a pain at times. It’s hard to fully express myself when there’s a character limit.

Haha, you just learned me something! I write "mold" for like mold on food or "mould" for like moulding clay, didn't realize there was the extra u in the word mold!
    Confused Canadian, I am! And for the record, spelling isn't one of my skills!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I agree, there are definitely things I would change. Mainly to do the work on myself much earlier in life, because I wasted several decades spinning my wheels and repeating basically the same patterns until the lightbulb came on.

It would have been really nice if I had learned the lesson after failing only once but I was either pretty dense or the lesson was too subtle for me to catch on. Or, more likely, I was just too busy living life as best as I could to pay attention.
    Options

Our successes are what mold other peoples perception of us.....the failures are what mold our own character.

While I agree with what you have said, I tend to view things through a wider lens… Peoples perception of you is most certainly molded by your failures as well… full stop. Both successes and failures affect your perception of self and that perception has great influence in shaping your character… You have achieved great success in your life right? Do you believe that has not shaped who you are today? What did it take to get there? What sacrifices were made? Did you learn to dig deep into your reservoirs to make it happen? Have you been humbled by those that have helped you along the way? Are you now aware of your weak spots? Are you happier? Your character has been shaped because of what it took to get there... it just may not have been ‘as’ painful or profound as what you have learned about yourself and gained or lost though failures, hardships, abuse, mistakes, regrets, fuckkkking up. I understand all this… believe me.
    The way you deal with your greatest setbacks and challenges shape your character far more than the adversities themselves… and in this way, failure becomes success. Sometimes, and for me… only after years of inner work... #foreverunderconstruction

My point exactly. My self awareness and my success has been brought upon by my failures and the failurs of those close to me. These are what i see, wht i have experienced. What people see on the outside is the successes of our lives. Do you own a house? What type? What type of car? Do you have kids and are you a good parent? Are you a good spouse or significant other? Do you have a job? A career? To answer in the negative in most of those answers many would not consider it a failure, but they right or wrong would measure it as levels of success. I also believe that you can accidentally have a success and learn nothing.....failures are usually not by accident and they are teaching monents that you can choose to learn from or not. That is where character is largely built.

Speaking just for myself, any success i may have acheived in my life are nothing more than a by product of failure and learning and moving on from it. Winning the lottery does not mean you are successful even if you are filthy rich......but grinding out a job to support your family and falling down a few times and getting up in the process sure does......and its a lot harder to lose that.

Yes.

Also... semantics amirite? ;)
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I agree, there are definitely things I would change. Mainly to do the work on myself much earlier in life, because I wasted several decades spinning my wheels and repeating basically the same patterns until the lightbulb came on.

It would have been really nice if I had learned the lesson after failing only once but I was either pretty dense or the lesson was too subtle for me to catch on. Or, more likely, I was just too busy living life as best as I could to pay attention.

I too spent many years living under the illusion of self awareness but was really living on auto-pilot. I mean, I was aware of myself and what I was doing, but unaware of the power I possessed to turn it all around and make the difficult changes... if that makes sense.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I been coming back and forth into this thread. Thinking of the what ifs and I always came up with nothing. I guess "lFs" are just empty hopes? Did I say that right?

Buddy, give us your fantasy,
    Like do you want a unicorn? A flying carpet? To roll around in 200, 000, 000 dollars? Travel space? The past?

It's Fantasy Land, man!
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I been coming back and forth into this thread. Thinking of the what ifs and I always came up with nothing. I guess "lFs" are just empty hopes? Did I say that right?

Like do you want a unicorn? A flying carpet? To roll around in 200, 000, 000 dollars? Travel space? The past?

It's Fantasy Land, man!

To live forever

Good one!
  • Vikka_V
    Options

It's Fantasy Land, man!

To live forever

Good one!

BTW it's not my fantasy that's my dream.

Amd every one you love has to live too, right!
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    A beautiful home in Costa Rica, waking up to rainforest bird noises, hiking through the forest or going to the beach. Doing this with my dream person. Coming home to the fluffers.

Aawww that sounds totally romantic.😍
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    No fantasies, only goals and acceptance...
    Well, no fantasies I'll admit here anyway 😂

• Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Got lots of fantasies
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    If you had...
    If you were...
    If you could...

You would...