Thighs same size as waist

Options
Is their anyone else that has the same size thighs as your waist or am I the only one. When I stopped exercising and put on some extra weight my thighs got huge (26") while my waist stayed the same. Can't find jeans that fit anymore lol.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    As for the fit of jeans try different brands. An old friend of mine was a college soccer player and had to stick with just 1-2 brands because she had lean hips, tiny waist, massive muscular thighs. Good luck!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    26 inch thigh circumference isn't even huge - in fact, 24 to 26.5 is the average circumference for women. You just need to work on fat loss and improving body composition. Besides, relative to a reasonably lean waist, thighs of similar measurement to me look more proportionate than thinner legs.
  • Tiffannhut
    Tiffannhut Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    26 inch thigh circumference isn't even huge - in fact, 24 to 26.5 is the average circumference for women. You just need to work on fat loss and improving body composition. Besides, relative to a reasonably lean waist, thighs of similar measurement to me look more proportionate than thinner legs.
    Thanks and they don't look really huge on me since I'm 5'10"
  • Tiffannhut
    Options
    It's not that your thighs are huge, it's that your waist is tiny.

At least your fat doesn't sit on your organs :drinker:
    On me everything goes on my lower body from my hips down.
  • Tiffannhut
    Options
    Oh ya and my calf is just over 18", bigger than a lot of peoples thighs lol
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, but I feel your pain. I'm an inch taller than you and when I gained weight, it mostly went to my middle and my bum. I hardly gained anything on my legs. Now my thighs are back to my pre weight gain measurement of 19"(mid thigh), my butt is getting smaller, and my waist is around 30 in. Jeans that fit my lower body perfectly are too tight and result in muffin top, but jeans that fit my middle are way too baggy from the butt down. It is frustrating.
  • Tiffannhut
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, but I feel your pain. I'm an inch taller than you and when I gained weight, it mostly went to my middle and my bum. I hardly gained anything on my legs. Now my thighs are back to my pre weight gain measurement of 19"(mid thigh), my butt is getting smaller, and my waist is around 30 in. Jeans that fit my lower body perfectly are too tight and result in muffin top, but jeans that fit my middle are way too baggy from the butt down. It is frustrating.
    Finding jeans is always a pain lol
  • Tiffannhut
    Options
    As for the fit of jeans try different brands. An old friend of mine was a college soccer player and had to stick with just 1-2 brands because she had lean hips, tiny waist, massive muscular thighs. Good luck!
    I have tried many different brands and they all have to be bigger in the waist to fit my legs That will change tho
  • wendytaylor52438
    Options
    I have that problem and it is getting even more extreme as Ioose weight..I lost 6 inches off my waist, 7 off my hip but only 1 from my thighs...The only thing to do for pants is to buy the big size and sew in four darts..one on each side and two in the back to sculpt around the ample booty...the doctor is looking into the problem...may be fluid issue...
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Tiffannhut wrote: »
    I have tried many different brands and they all have to be bigger in the waist to fit my legs That will change tho

I carry a good chunk of my weight in my thighs, hips and butt and like you have a relatively small waist, it can be hard to find jeans. I have had pretty good luck with American Eagle brand jeans and the curvy fit Jeans from Loft. If you need dress pants Loft has some called the "julie fit" that are good for those of us who carry weight in our bottom halves. Good luck :)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Average? are you kidding? It all depends how tall, short or petite the woman is.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Levi's curvy fit are my go to jeans. Jeans that have a good amount of stretch will likely be your best bet.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Tiffannhut wrote: »

Rekucci brand on Amazon.
    I have the same issue, and my waist is at least 1 size smaller than my butt and thighs.
    This brand fits me PERFECTLY. And it's reasonably priced. I have been wearing them since I was a size 18. I am a 10 now and working towards an 8. I have stayed with the same brand and I love them.
  • Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This seems to be a post for females, but I have the same problem, and they just don't make fashion forward pants for the well muscled gentleman. Pants that fit my waist are often to small for my thighs and vice versa. I am also very cheap and try to avoid spending more than $40ish dollars on my pants, so that certainly doesn't help my situation.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    There’s 1 inch between my thighs and waist (each thigh is 21 inch and 22 inch waist) and for some reason women’s jeans seem to be made for people with very very thin legs. 21 inch thighs is normal-slim and it’s kinda scary that I struggle to find jeans at my size!

Clothes definitely aren’t made with a range of body shapes in mind. I wear a lot of skirts so they can fit my waist and I don’t have to worry about the clothing fitting my thighs as well. Alternatively I wear a belt with high waisted jeans but if they bunch up too much it does look daft 😂
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My thighs are definitely bigger than my waist; last time I checked my waist was 27 and hips 37...didn't check thighs but have to be at least 27 (...and I'm 5'2).

Anyway, look for jeans made for lifters; smaller waist, bigger butt and thigh areas. Barbell Jeans used to be a brand and Strong(her) from elitefts.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    I also carry my weight lower, hips & thighs with small waist. 2 observations: 1) it’s always been hard to find skirts & pants that fit *both* hips & waist, but low rise styles have helped tons (since there is no waist). My daughters are wearing higher waist styles these days (they’re much more fashionable than I am), but I’m clinging to low rise. 2) I think this is weird, but nonetheless, very slowly over decades, even after kids, my hips have gotten smaller and my waist bigger. This has helped with ready to wear clothing, too.

I always get woo-ed for this, but it seems like clothes increasingly are designed for apple shapes which I guess makes sense if the market is filled with people who increasingly have apple shapes. Clothes tailored at the waist seem harder to find. I suck at shopping, though, so maybe I just don’t know where to look.
  • Lottieehlers
    Lottieehlers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello