eliptical vs Exercise Bike.

Options
2»

Replies

• foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In a previous post you mentioned that you have problems with your one knee. I have seen posts (and know people) that the eliptical has aggravated knee problems. I think it is important to go to a store that has demo machines on the floor for you to try before you buy. (Sports Authority in the U.S. has this.)
    I originally intended to buy an upright stationary bike, but after trying them out at the store, I wound up buying a recumbant stationary bike and I'm so glad I did. I found it the best bang for my buck, I use it all the time, and the elipticals that were not 'cheesy' were out of my price range.
    In essence, try before you buy. Go to the store and try what you are interested in 3x a week. Then make your best pick!
    Good luck!
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've just bought one of those machines that does both and its a killer on the legs I've been have to swim for a couple of days in between sessions! I chose this because if I feel like a lazy day I can use the bike and still get a workout and was also going to look into spin dvds as previously mentioned. I suppose you also need to take into account how much room you have indoors. :smile:

I have enough room for both even. just not the money. Im using the money I get for christmas to buy one. Im just looking into what would be better now. plus the weight limit on most is 250 and im currently 281. so I have about 30 to go. hoping to get that done. What spin dvds would you recommend if i get an exercise bike
  • MsMadmagic
    Options
    I've just bought one of those machines that does both and its a killer on the legs I've been have to swim for a couple of days in between sessions! I chose this because if I feel like a lazy day I can use the bike and still get a workout and was also going to look into spin dvds as previously mentioned. I suppose you also need to take into account how much room you have indoors. :smile:

I have enough room for both even. just not the money. Im using the money I get for christmas to buy one. Im just looking into what would be better now. plus the weight limit on most is 250 and im currently 281. so I have about 30 to go. hoping to get that done. What spin dvds would you recommend if i get an exercise bike

Can't recommend any I'm afraid as I haven't tried any yet but have a look on Amazon, Theres was some on there but I don't think they had reviews. There was an MP3 guide that had 5 stars though. Good Luck with whatever you choose. Ps my machine cost £150 but is quite study not sure on the weight limit though.