Best alcohol to drink??

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what is worth the calories TO YOU. Also, you can "bank calories," e.g. eat 100 cal low Mon-Thu to give yourself an extra 400 cal Fri night.

People with a really strong preference for eating their calories can avoid all caloric beverages, not just alcohol. For others, having an occasional adult beverage makes deficit eating not only sustainable but also enjoyable. There are no rules. (Well, moderation is really helpful, here.) Let your own preferences and enjoyment be your guide. Cheers!
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I say skip all mixers and do straight liquor chased by a zero calorie beverage. Not the best tasting but it'll minimize the caloric impact of drinking.
  • ScottKipp
    ScottKipp Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Whatever you like! Just follow up each glass with a glass of water. Alcohol dehydrates you very quickly. Also, don't beat yourself up for drinking once in a while. If you have a solid nutrition plan to get back to after a night of drinking you'll be able to enjoy it without feeling guilty
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    Drink it up! Woot woot!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    caindove11 wrote: »
    Tequila

This.. by n th shot (depending of your tolerance).. you won't care how much calories it has. You be passed out.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Imperial stout or DIPA
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Top shelf rum, neat. None of that mixer.

I recommend El Dorado 15 year, Ron Zacapa XO and Pyrat XO Reserve

This person is smart

Tito's vodka with a squeeze of lime and splash of soda water is very nice too.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OP...If you have to ask what to drink you are not a 'drinker' and I have the feeling that you will enjoy yourself whatever alcoholic drink you choose....you certainly deserve to :)
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like Vodka and club. I also like Canadian Club and diet ginger ale, but bars and restaurants never have any diet soda except Coke.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My "best" when I'm cutting calories is to spend twice as much per bottle of wine but drink half the amount for (almost) the same pleasure.
    Unless I fancy a gin & (slimline) tonic.
    Or a good quality beer.
    Or sometimes cider.

OP - considering your calorie allowance as a weekly allowance rather than trying to balance the books on a daily basis might make fitting your treats and special events into your diet less restrictive.

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @SusieBanyon
    Thank you for posting that! It was quite helpful.

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like Diet Coke and Bacardi Rum!