Totally New to This and Need Advice

Options
I'm sort of new to the whole meal planning thing and I need some advice on recipes or places to look for good healthy recipes...I dont really know where to start.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? How much time do you want to spend cooking? It's hard to give advice on stuff like this without knowing anything about you and your lifestyle.

Generally, I've found Pinterest to be a good place to find recipes online.
  • granitepeak1981
    granitepeak1981 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Go to Pinterest...go to YouTube. Me personally I like having cook books to look through to get inspired. I make lots of crockpot meals then I have leftovers for days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    HCKnupple wrote: »
    I'm sort of new to the whole meal planning thing and I need some advice on recipes or places to look for good healthy recipes...I dont really know where to start.

Eat food you like, in portion sizes that put you in a calorie deficit.

Eat some fruit and veg for health.

Simple!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I just started googling different things like "low calorie recipes" or "healthy recipes with [food I like]" and saved pages or whole websites that had recipes I wanted to try. I import some of them into the recipe builder to see where it puts me calorie-wise and make adjustments to the recipe there.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a good one.
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eatingwell.com = healthy recipes
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try making small changes to what you normally eat. For instance, instead of using potatoes, substitute sweet potatoes. If you eat white pasta and rice, switch to wholewheat pasta and brown rice, and have them in smaller portions. Add extra veg like peas, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, to an omelette. Grill chicken and take the skin off. Start with simple meals like stir fries, soups, one pot casseroles, and slowly build up to more complicated ones when you feel confident.