Went waaaay over calories

Options
shanlynt
shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
A old friend and I went for dinner last night. Even though I only had half my entree I still consumed a huge amount of fat and calories. Actually I was over by at least 1200. Yes, I know, terrible. Anyway, do you recommend that I not use my exercise calories for the rest of the week or just carry on as usual?

Replies

• JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    It was just one day. Put it behind you and carry on as normal :happy:
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    Totally agree, hope you had a wonderful time, that was yesterday, get back on track today!

Jayne
    x
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also think just carry on as normal. One day isn't going to set you back. Just forget about it, and focus on today :)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Assuming this is a one-time-thing, I don't think you will have done a huge amount of damage...

I will probably get shot down over this, as it's purely my opinion and not based on any fact - but I eat super carefully 99% of the time - if I have an occasional blow out day (last one was May...my mum's wedding....I think I had about 5000 calories! *gasp!*) I think it actually does your body GOOD!

It almost shocks your body into not knowing what will happen each day....

Just pick up your usual routine again now. Don't punish yourself needlessly - perhaps step up the exercise a little this week to make yourself feel better mentally - but really, I don't think you have any concerns! :happy:
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone else ~ today is another day. Just get back in to your routine & don't worry about yesterday. I find sometimes when I go over my allotted calories, it is a jump start for my metabolism & actually lose weight that week. It is okay!

:wink:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This happens to us all. If its just one day I think its ok to just log it an move on. Today is s new day :)
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wot i do is i record the calories for my whole week and then work out the average calories per day. it is impossible to consume exactly the required number of calories everyday. it does keep fluctuating, so i try to adjust my weekly average to my daily intake goal.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Assuming this is a one-time-thing, I don't think you will have done a huge amount of damage...

I will probably get shot down over this, as it's purely my opinion and not based on any fact - but I eat super carefully 99% of the time - if I have an occasional blow out day (last one was May...my mum's wedding....I think I had about 5000 calories! *gasp!*) I think it actually does your body GOOD!

It almost shocks your body into not knowing what will happen each day....

Just pick up your usual routine again now. Don't punish yourself needlessly - perhaps step up the exercise a little this week to make yourself feel better mentally - but really, I don't think you have any concerns! :happy:

I do the same thing. I only have a blow out day like that every few months or so (I just did it Friday, as my husband took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday). I just get right back on track the next day and it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Like the post I quoted above, I think it may do some good to shake things up!
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yup! I agree. Keep on going as usual. When I do this I drink a ton of water (which I already do) but more than normal and it keeps me from feeling more bloated. It might be a mental thing but it works for me!
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    i agree with all the above - it is only one day and everyone deserves a treat once in a while :)
  • kmummy0418
    Options
    Yup, carry on as normal! I'm glad to see everyone else has the occasional "blow day"! I mean, we have to have some sort of normalcy in our lives....going out for special occasions is important!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    One day going over won't kill you. Just don't make it every day. Time to get back on track today.