Probiotics

Anyone here take and have any luck with probiotics ? I was watching a video about Biox4 and it had tons of great information. Just curious if people have taken them with any great benefits and possible weight loss help.

Replies

• Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    I am alllll about healthy gut bacteria.

Probiotics are essential. But prebiotics are too ... partially and fully soluble fibers to give that gut bacteria something to munch on. Like resistance starches.

My favorite source of probiotics is homemade Kimchi.

But while seeding bacteria into the gut is great; if you dont eat a diet with soluble fibers, the colonies wont thrive.

For a decent probiotic drink, GoodBelly tastes great and has higher bacteria counts than the other brands.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    edited February 2019
    Tried the pills.. but more likely use as actual food instead. Link below where you get them from.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-super-healthy-probiotic-foods

Love kimchi.. heading to korean store today to buy some.👍👍
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Not dissing that specific article, but PSA; Healthline is a pay-to-publish article farm that often publishes straight up false articles for biased causes ... and has no standards for peer review or etc.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    Only posting for list of food for thats good for the gut.. (quick.gooogle result)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    I think probiotics are very important but I have not figured out a way to determine their value to me or where I am being ripped off or not.

I do agree if we eat the right foods it is important. Not eating the wrong foods may be even more important.
  • hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2019
    Eating probiotics is rather like planting seeds; totally pointless unless the environment you put them in is conducive to growth. And the only way to provide the correct gut environment for a healthy biome is to eat a healthy diet. And if you are eating a healthy diet, you won't need probiotics.

There is very little solid evidence supporting the wilder health claims.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    @hypocacculus hit the nail on the head...

...but doing something like a probiotic intensive diet, or a good-belly reboot are a great way to kickoff a new lifestyle of eating better.

Ie, I used to live on fast food and beer. I eat mostly unprocessed whole foods now.

Seeding good bacteria is a good kick off to a new eating style
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    These Docs go deep into this subject.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gOZcbNw7sng
  • tusshay
    tusshay Posts: 26 Member
    I agree a healthy gut is necessary! I’m doing my best to stay in track. We eat out a lot. Salad for lunch every day and veggies ! I’m trying one with a prebiotic and probiotic. I dont have any issues but I want a healthy gut lol
    Going to try it for a month and see if there is any difference at all. I’ve heard good and bad but just want to see what it does (if anything) for my advancing age and bowel movements and overall gut health.