Cutting bread from diet?

Options
I have so much trouble with eating to much bread, even though all I eat is wheat bread, I love babels and toast and I eat way to much. What would happen to my body if i cut out bread from my diet? I am a runner so a lot of times I need carbs to have energy to run? Also, How do you get the will power to diet?

Replies

• army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you cut the carbs out all together you wont have the energy to run as much. I would say dont cut them out just dont eat so much and only eat healthy carbs. WHEAT WHEAT WHEAT. A good balance of protien,carbs,and fat is always needed in a diet.

Will power to diet hmmm that is easy i look in the mirror everyday and get mad at myself cause i cant see my abs
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well if you're worried about bread then you're worried about wheat. Try brown rice or brown rice pasta instead. Al dente takes more calories to eat than regular so you stay full longer.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I actually heard wheat isn't even that great for you. You need to eat WHOLE grains.. So whole grain breads as far as I know.

I'm a sucker for bread too, so I can't say much. And will power comes from within, really. It has to be about you.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Will power to diet hmmm that is easy i look in the mirror everyday and get mad at myself cause i cant see my abs

I dont like that my stomach sticks out farther than my boobs :p

I dont know about the carbs thing, I try and keep them completely out of my diet BUT I dont run. I would cut back some tho and see what happens :)
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I actually heard wheat isn't even that great for you. You need to eat WHOLE grains.. So whole grain breads as far as I know.

I'm a sucker for bread too, so I can't say much. And will power comes from within, really. It has to be about you.

This is true whole grain wheat is the best for you. Sorry i should of said that. LIke i said before yo u dont want to cut it out all together just cut back on it. Sweet potatos, pasta that is whole wheat stuff like that and try to eat it in the morning so by bed time it is out of your system
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bread products at all because I am allergic to many flours, I have no problem getting my carbs from fruit and have found many substitutes for filling foods (some healthier than others :D)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love bread too! Though I have cut down dranatically, and only eat wholewheat now, it hasn't affected my weight loss by leavin git in. Try getting a breadmaker if it's a real problem. At least you'll be able to regulate the sugar, salt and butter that goes into it, Kuck"
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Grains are excellent for keeping you full! They tend to soak up water and can sit heavy in your stomach.
  • thimli
    thimli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I strongly think cutting something that you love out of your diet is destructive! Just cut back and incorporate breads and bagels into your diet in healthy ways wonder breat has a smart bread 50 cal per slice and sara lee has a 45 cal per slice, eat bagels 1/2 at at time toasted with PB and sliced up bannans sprinkeld with cinn.yum yum . Hope this helps ;]
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Make sure it's "WHOLE GRAIN" not just wheat. All flour is made of wheat. Look for high Fiber (4-6 gm per serving) whole grains that will fill you up and keep you satisfied.