Celebrating 365 Straight Days of Logged Meals

Options
rfday53
rfday53 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
This is my first time posting anything on the MFP community board. I had a pretty cool accomplishment this past week that I think is worth sharing.

This past Tuesday marked the 365th straight day I logged my meals on the MFP app. The past year has been a tremendous journey that has changed my life forever (I’ve lost just a smidge under 150 lb). After 15 years of countless failed diets, I needed a tool that could help me change the entire way I approached nutrition. MFP has been that tool for me.

I’m attaching a pic from a race I ran with my 8 year old daughter today (I’m REALLY proud of her). Hopefully this will encourage someone who needs it today!

w08993nwjvph.jpeg

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! 365 days is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself and you are setting the best example for your daughter.
  • K6eod1
    K6eod1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!
    I have 60lbs to lose, and logging everything helps me to be accountable!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm in awe! Congratulations! You are a true inspiration - especially to your gorgeous daughter!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    That's Fan-tas-tic!! Your daughter would be incredibly proud also, having a dad that can race with her.
    I have had a great year here too. (over 25kg)
    I've been bigger in the past (max 102kg; 2014) and had similar experiences with alsorts of different diets. Weight not being stable.
    My children say they love it when they see me doing things they do now. I've worked at their school as in physical education and run race and challenges t htt eg did. I must say, it's does feel good.
    Well done to u!!.. enjoy the effects and benefits that come from that hard work of logging food(everything) and burning all those calories.. totally awesome job!! ^5 ;)
  • gn3476
    gn3476 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring. You look great!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal!

Stew in your juices and bask in your sunshine as you continue marching forward in your fitness, health and wellness journey while continuing doing what you’ve been doing that brought you the abundant success you now enjoy.
  • neeceelynn
    neeceelynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great accomplishments. You prove the importance of tracking. Your healthy lifestyle will be a great inspiration for your daughter as well.
  • rfday53
    rfday53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    You look great!!!! 365 days is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself and you are setting the best example for your daughter.

Thank you for the kind words! There's been plenty of pleasant surprises throughout this process, not the least of which has been the influence my healthy behaviors have had on the choices my kids make pertaining to nutrition and exercise. My girls are 8 and 10, and I really can't express the emotions I experience watching them make choices that prioritize their health and wellness.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats, you look awesome!
  • Cruzer4Fun
    Cruzer4Fun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's such a significant milestone! Congratulations. Your hard work really shows!
  • Bahar740
    Bahar740 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done 👍🏽
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me today and I needed it. Thank you!! Congratulations on all of your hard work and accomplishment. You must be so proud and your family so proud of you!
  • mstheglitch
    mstheglitch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love MFP for making it so easy to keep on track. Logging in your calories each day is like having someone watching over your shoulder and saying "oh, are you really going to eat that? No, go ahead and eat it but you'd better log it in then ..." :D

Well done on your weight loss. You are an inspiration to us all. You and your daughter look so happy in that photo.
  • flpp
    flpp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a precious daughter, you will be an inspiration and encouragement to her. The power of keeping going.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look so much younger, and SO fit. I bet your daughter loved having her dad to run with. What a great example you’re setting for her.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!