Not losing weight

Options
Hey guys! So after two years of being absolutely nuts with food, stress and emotional bingeing due to personal issues I have finally decided to buck up and get back to my healthy weight. Problem is, it’s not working, it’s like nothing I do has any effect on my weight or body comp it’s really hard on my motivation. I started being careful on feb 7th so it’s been 17 days of counting calories, working out almost everyday and I’m not dropping a single pound. Which I would be fine with IF I was at least losing inches but I’m not. I went too crazy with the workouts the first week and injured my left wrist so I have been doing cardio, HIIT twice a week and weights on lower body. My calories are usually between 1400 and 1600 a day. I’m currently at 135lbs 31yr old and 5’3.
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I trying to include carbs in my diet without going nuts and enough of every food to avoid any binge. I drink usually 2 to 3L of water a day. I’m wondering if I’m eating too many calories but the problem is since I workout almost everyday I don’t want to go too low either... if anyone has a suggestion on what I might be doing wrong I’d love some help because I’m going crazy! Thanks in advance !

Replies

• joannab44
    joannab44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also should mention my current bf is 28% and my goal weight is 120lbs and get my bf down to 21%
  • dawnymo1
    dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    joannab44 wrote: »
    Also should mention my current bf is 28% and my goal weight is 120lbs and get my bf down to 21%
    I am sure I already know the answer but are you measuring everything? Also, if you are working out so much are you eating back your calories?

• joannab44
    Options
    I weigh everything and I’m not counting what I burn at all because I have no idea how many calories I burn when I work out, my daily intake is between 1400-1600 regardless of wether I workout or not =\ I do my best to workout everyday with one day rest (where I end up sleeping poorly because lack of activity lol) because I work from home so I don’t move a ton during the day
  • joannab44
    Options
    So I think to lose I might have to go down but I’m working out 6 days a week and at least burn 100/200 calories per session minimum that’s why I’ve been keeping steady at 1400/1600 I don’t want to starve myself either =\ but maybe I’ll try going down to 1300 for a week and see if it helps!
  • joannab44
    Options
    The thing is it’s not really a new regimen for me, before I started I was already boxing and doing cardio about three/four times a week. I have a scale that gives me water percentage and it hasn’t been higher than usual, fat percentage hasn’t gone down, nothing has gone down actually. I wasn’t expecting to lose 4lbs but at least one in over two weeks though 😅 that’s why this has been such a downer, when I have water retention my scale tells me (about 51%) right now I’m at 49% which is normal =\
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Think carefully about what you’re doing. Weight loss, body recomp and a high level of fitness mean working with tight margins. Do you really think 2 weeks represents much of a test? Were it me, I don’t think I’d change a thing without a month or even 6 week test. Even if the scale doesn’t budge, you are gaining knowledge.

What you don’t want to do is panic and do something like a 25% calorie cut to 1200. Keep reading this board. It provides a good look at radical dieting and the resulting havoc.

Look at yourself as a kind of scientist. Your field of study is your body and your body’s reaction to fitness and nutrition. Work methodically and focus on the process. If you don’t start making headway, make small changes, conduct small experiments until you get moving in the desired direction.

Remember that to get the results you want, and keep them, you have to be able to live with the changes long term.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Just a thought- we may be able to help out a little more if you made your diary public.
  • joannab44
    Options
    Oh I had no idea it was private! Making it public now, I’m trying to go 1300 tops this week, planned the next few days ahead but I usually do some snacking on top of what I’ve planned which I add as the day progresses
  • fittodress2018
    fittodress2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I say take it easy on yourself, I recently had a personal trainer she would advise on what workouts and foods I had to eat. And even though all the meals had low carbs high protein. I notice my clothes loose but I have always gone by scale it was the same like I couldn’t believe that so much hard work and nothing. I felt frustrated and I mentioned to the trainer that I was upset and she said well first off don’t become obsess with the scale. She did a comparison of when I first started and till now and I was amazed. What was leaving my body was all that fat. The pictures where choking. I am going to try to add it here. My point to all this. Don’t give up if you want to lower the calories a bit go ahead but anything little by little is better than a fast lost. I started at 185 and it has taking me more than 2 years but I am trying to get there. Good luck and keep us posted. :smile: 9chgv4i5idi6.jpeg
    uxmft51c1wek.jpeg
    ag06f9bqdjlm.jpeg
    xlyowijfyinn.jpeg
  • joannab44
    Options
    Thank you! I agree about the scale, I only use it as a reference, the issue is I know I haven’t lost any weight or inches, my clothes don’t fit better or anything. I just feel like by eating healthy, not over eating and working out 6 days a week I should be seeing results in a shorter time than a month =/ congrats on the progress it’s amazing!!!