Getting out of shape sucks! Getting back into shape sucks more!!

Options
When getting back into fighting shape after life happens, one has to remember to embrace the suck.

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. After hitting my goal weight in July, and being in great shape, I have since gained 20 lbs. Worked out the other day, and man was I sore! Stick with it!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,649 Member
    Options
    Love the title of this post! I was so out of shape when I started working out last month but have toughed it out. Embraced the suck! I can already go up stairs better and walk further without running out of breath. Hang in there!
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Amen! After dropping 60 pounds, going from couch potato to running 17 half-marathons and a road race series, I got hurt. Stupid brown recluse bite landed me in hospital for a week, Picc line and daily IV antibiotics and PT, and off my feet for a month. Then tried to jump back in too quickly and partial thickness tear of meniscus in L knee. Gained 30 pounds. Dang.
    Working my way back. 10 of the 30 gone. Activity ramping back up but it hurts heart, mind, and body to see how much flexibility, core strength, and tone I have lost. Yep - It sucks!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It takes so long to get into shape but such a short time to get back out of shape :( sucks
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For many of us, bad things happen and we eat. Eating doesn’t help anything but without question it is comforting. Broken hearts. Broken bones. Broken spirit. It all sucks but we cannot let those things sabotage us. I am trying to focus on one day at a time.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    great name for a new support group... "embrace the suck" :)
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's 10:20, I'm tired, and I really need to get on that exercise bike for (at least) 30 minutes to get my calorie burn goal for today. Yep - That sucks! Lol
  • ABrack579
    ABrack579 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My weight is getting out of control and my life is starting to suck I’m fat!! I need to get control or I’m gonna hate myself .. I just have absolutely no motivation
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just be thankful that you still physically are able! Embrace the blood sweat and tears it takes.
  • irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs about two years ago. Then gained it all back plus 10. Just turned 44 and started working out again this week. The suck must be embraced indeed. Which sucks
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I suck during Winter months, but trying hard to get back in the routine of going to the gym.
  • kimmylyn55
    kimmylyn55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Preach. Had lost 80, gained half of it back... and now big time struggling getting it off again.