Need a friend to help support with this weight loss journey!

Options
I’m 27 years old. I am overweight by A LOT. I’ve tried losing weight before but never really worked. This time around I’m going to stick to it and do everything I can. I need support, stories, advice, motivation... whatever I can get!!! Please.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Way to commit! My advice is to use the food diary religiously and honestly. Log every single thing you eat or drink, even if you don't like how high the number of calories are getting. That's how I started, and I was able to get the weight off and keep it off for years... though its been creeping back a bit, so I need to recommit before I end up overweight again. You can do this @mara267 !
  • mara267
    mara267 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. That’s great advice!!! One of my girlfriends is using the weight watchers app and they have the zero points list. It includes everything from fruits to veggies to boiled eggs or chicken breasts.... and I figured if I get close to going over my calories on this app; I’ll just pick something from the zero points list to snack on so I’m not hungry and cranky... I wonder if that’s cheating. @JustSomeEm
  • karld70
    karld70 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    hi mara, happy to help in any way i can. As above and for me one of the most understated things is to relax. Take the time to enjoy what you eat and try not to think or about what you going to eat next, stress leads to cupboard opening , trying to see what you can eat thats low calorie and then just grabbing a bag of cookies.
    So just relax, remember your not starving yourself, have fun, laugh and relax
  • susieq_82
    susieq_82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey chica, am kinda new too. This is my 2nd go around. Tried and did very well but fell off the wagon. Here to help and support any way I can. So if you want to send check ins to each other when you feel a craving coming on or lack of motivation, just hit me up. Vice versa :smile: we can do this!!