46 and looking for new friends

Options
I am 46 and I joined about 6 years ago. I originally lost 65 lbs gained 30 lbs back and lost 40 lbs and gained it back so I am in a loop that I need to break as you can see. Starting over yet again. Hoping for some friendly motivation. Feel free to add

Replies

• dsmay03
    dsmay03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over again too. I’m 38 and tired of losing and gaining it all back plus some. I’m at my heaviest and need motivation.
  • anthocyanina
    anthocyanina Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm happy to give and get motivation! But I just joined and I'm not sure how to add people.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and know how u feel I gained all the 50lbs I lost and gained more than that to the point I was 298 lbs which I have never weighed, we all have got this, keep going even when u feel like giving up!! Always remember a year goes by fast just imagine how much weight u can lose in that year and how upset u will be when the year comes and u gave up when u could of been closer to the finish line!! This is what I tell myself anytime I feel like I want to give up!
  • jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and have been doing well lately tracking everything but usually fall off the bandwagon in the summer and then start up again in the fall. Yes, I go back and forth and then usually stress eat over the holidays while I'm 'trying' to stay on track.

Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other.
  • dizzyredhead46
    dizzyredhead46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 as well. I have recently started gaining weight and need to get back on track. Would love more friends so we can motivate each other! Please add me
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm happy to give and get motivation! But I just joined and I'm not sure how to add people.

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.