1000 minutes per month challenge

Options
We are a group of MFP's who have committed to doing 1000 minutes of exercise per month (minimum). We count minutes for all types of exercise: yoga, aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise. We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 1000 minutes this month, there's next month to go for it. Newcomers always welcome!

Here’s how to join, plus some additional information:
• You simply post to join.
• You will keep track of your own minutes every month-see intro to see what types of activities count toward the total. If you join us mid-month, it's ok to try for a percentage of the 1000, e.g. join on the 15th, go for 50% or 500 minutes.
• Most people track on the days they workout, sometimes more.
• We try to encourage and support each other.
• First one on-line starts us out-post the intro in the first post and your workouts in the next post. (We always love anyone who takes the initiative to start us!)
• Not many folks post on weekends but more post on Monday-Friday.

If you would like to join, please post the following information at the bottom of your post so we can get to know you better:

Screen name-name-age-state-marital status-children-pets-job-hobbies.

Replies

• nixona1031
    nixona1031 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amber, I'm 28, married, no children but we have three cats who we call our kids.

This challenge is very fun as I used to post on WW's and have had great success with it and it is a great way to motivate each other and meet new people.

Today I did Jillian Michaels for 30 min. I also walked yesterday for 60 min and had a remaining balance last week of 115 minutes for a total of 205/1000. August is almost over but I want to see how close I can get to 1000. BBL!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Courtney, just turned 30, live in VA. Married over 8 years, no kids, two cats. I work in scientific intellectual property. Hobbies: yoga, hiking, reading.

I just checked my log and I am already at 1824 minutes for August :-) I do a LOT of yoga (at least 4 classes a week), plus some running and kickboxing.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Crystal. I am 32 married with one son he is 9. We have two boxer mixes they are 2 and 12 and yes they family. I had lost 40 ilbs but gained some back it has been a hard lonely summer...I had a miscarriage and am trying to get over that. I am hopeful this challenge will get me back on track again.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Welcome Courtney and Crystal! It is great to see you on here. Crystal, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage and my thoughts/prayers go out to you and your family. Take life one day at a time and it will be sunny again. Courtney, that is awesome on your minutes. Glad to hear that you have found your niche!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!
    Names Abby, I am 27/F I am not married but have been with my BF for 5 yrs and we live today, marriage soon I hope (waiting for him to ask!!!)
    Today so far I walked for 30mins and I will be doing 30DS later tonight!!!
    30/1000
  • bbuckeye2724
    Options
    I would love to do this!
    Screen name is bbuckeye2724,
    name is Angel and I am 27yrs old. I live in Ohio and have been married for 6 years and together for 10. We have four amazing kids and a pet cat. I am in sales of essential oils and aromatic chemicals (the stuff that goes into your hygene products and food) and i love crafting. I think I have tried just about every one, love reading books too. And since I have started my weight loss journey the gym has become one of my favorite places to be.
    Going to look at my training book and exercise diary on here this evening and post what I have done so far.
  • tererob
    tererob Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This sounds so interesting and fun... My name is Teresa, I am 37 years old... I live in CA .. I have been married for 13 years but together for 20 years to the love of my life.. I have two daughters and 1 dog .. I love to read and hang out with my family!... I hope this jumpstarts my motivation towards working out because as of late it has been all bad.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Hello and thanks for joining! What does STG mean?
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sondra. Im 39 years young, born and raised in La. Im a God fearing mother of 2(boy and girl)and have been married to an awesome man for 20 years. We have a cat named Gary. hehe. I homeschool my 13 year old. My favorite pass time is exercise, go figure. I workout at least an hour a day 5 days a week, so i think this challenge is totally doable! Did I leave anything out? Oh, I havent worked out yet today, but plan to do at least a 3.2 mile run and taking a 45 minute intensity class.
    So glad this isnt a weightloss challenge since Im on maintenance. Thanks for the awesome plan! :)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Sondra - I am in maintenance too, which is also why I joined this challenge! :-)
  • Sonchie
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sondra. Im 39 years young, born and raised in La. Im a God fearing mother of 2(boy and girl)and have been married to an awesome man for 20 years. We have a cat named Gary. hehe. I homeschool my 13 year old. My favorite pass time is exercise, go figure. I workout at least an hour a day 5 days a week, so i think this challenge is totally doable! Did I leave anything out? Oh, I havent worked out yet today, but plan to do at least a 3.2 mile run and taking a 45 minute intensity class.
    So glad this isnt a weightloss challenge since Im on maintenance. Thanks for the awesome plan! :)

I want to add that although im starting this challenge today, Im currently at 1943 minutes for August. This should keep me motivated in case i want to start slacking in the colder months!
  • abby459
    Options
    STG - short term goal
  • abby459
    Options
    ohhhh and I just added my totals for so far in august and I am up to 470/1000 as of this AM.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Everyone is doing a great job on their minutes. Keep up the good work!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to do this. At first I was like 400 minutes a MONTH is crazy.. Then I looked at my last week of exercising and it's over 400. This is very easy to do. Lets rock it!

If you do 60 minutes a day it's around 1800 minutes a month.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    How do you reply to a person post? I have tried clicking on the reply button after their post and instead of replying to their message it gets posted to the bottom of the thread.
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. My name is Michelle and I'm 30. I have rediscovered the gym and don't want to get bored of it. I hop this will motivate me. Since I joined here I have completed 210 minutes and have scheduled another 150 tomorrow. I will succeed in this challenge!
  • Sonchie
    Options
    How do you reply to a person post? I have tried clicking on the reply button after their post and instead of replying to their message it gets posted to the bottom of the thread.

You hit the quote button and then type in your reply underneath the quote... like I did here. :)
  • Sonchie
    Options
    Sondra - I am in maintenance too, which is also why I joined this challenge! :-)

Great! Congrats on reaching your goal! Im very happy to be a part of this!
  • nixona1031
    Options

You hit the quote button and then type in your reply underneath the quote... like I did here. :)

Oh I see!