Diet & Exercise Under Duress

Options
:mad:

Yeah sorry I am no cheerleader - I hate this and I am betting other people do to. I have so many more interesting things I could be doing other than maniacally watching every morsel that goes in my mouth and exercising 1 or more hours per day. It has totally screwed up my daily routine and set me back ages in things I need to accomplish.

Anne

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lol who's forcing you against your will? Enjoy yourself girl!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    What is more important that needs to be "accomplished" before you accomplish a healthy lifestyle that will better and prolong your life?
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    it's only difficult in the beginning, hang in there.

I don't know what will soothe you though - words of comfort or real talk.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Set you back ages in things you need to accomplish?

Do you, perhaps, mean OTHER things you need to accomplish?

Getting fit and healthy needs to be considered an accomplishment too you know!

It's not easy finding a balance, it's not easy getting into a routine, but you get huge dividends if you stick at it and pretty soon you'll find it enables you to accomplish other things you previously wouldn't have....

.... just sayin'...
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Learning new things is always difficult, and that's what this is. I didn't watch everything yesterday.. and when I added it up, I came out under goal, because I'm starting to be able to estimate without effort. The longer you do it, the easier it gets. It becomes second nature.
  • Desousa4688
    Desousa4688 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The logging of food and exercise really becomes second nature really fast. I actually look forward to exercising now! I always have a cheat meal though each week.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I measure and log everything I eat, but I never feel like I'm "watching everything that goes into my mouth." It might be because I'm planning everything ahead instead of measuring as I eat. It probably also has something to do with the fact that even before I started trying to eat healthy, I spent quite a bit of time on a daily basis contemplating what to eat.

You need to find a way that you don't hate! It's much more likely that you'll keep the weight off if you adopt this new lifestyle for the rest of your life, instead of thinking "I'll just do this for X months, then once I'm slim, I'll go back to my old fun lifestyle."
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Your post made me sad - if you really don't want to do this, you won't be successful. Maybe you need to figure out what are your priorities - if healthy eating and fitness don't "fit into your life", I'm sure you won't stick with it. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, but that's reality.
  • prettyash76
    Options
    It will get easier. Plus, I love exercise. Relieves stress and make me feel better
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you something that could make you sick....I'm obsessed with entering my calories & exercise. It's addicting if you give in and then you WANT to be healthy and fit!
  • JennysMan
    Options
    To me, adding exercise to my already busy routine has been one of the biggest challenges. It's still not perfect, but I'm learning how to plan better for exercise, and making sure that the time I spend is truly spent well, regardless of activity. Another side benefit is that when you realize how precious your time is, and that you DON'T want to spend it all exercising, you start becoming more aware of what you're eating (or more appropriately, what you have to burn off!!!!).

Keep your chin up, and you will succeed. Now that I'm starting to see some success, I'm really understanding the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" You can do this!
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    I think, having read your profile, that you are going to find this an incredibly difficult journey, either with MFP or without. It doesn't sound like the reason you've given for wanting to get healthy is what YOU want at all.

I wish you luck.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    :mad:

Yeah sorry I am no cheerleader - I hate this and I am betting other people do to. I have so many more interesting things I could be doing other than maniacally watching every morsel that goes in my mouth and exercising 1 or more hours per day. It has totally screwed up my daily routine and set me back ages in things I need to accomplish.

Anne
    Then you shouldn't do it. Honestly, if the attitude that it's more a burden than an actual benefit, you'll be nothing but miserable. Do what you think makes you happy. But I wouldn't say people that do it are maniacal. They just find it to be more important to them than you do.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Don't bother then. No skin off my nose. Sheesh!

EDIT Whoa, I've just read your profile too. I hope the US screens IVF couples like the UK does - you (as an individual and a couple) are the LAST people who should be assisted in becoming parents. If that sounds really harsh, judgemental and presumptuous of me, it's cos it was meant to be.
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Don't bother then. No skin off my nose. Sheesh!

EDIT Whoa, I've just read your profile too. I hope the US screens IVF couples like the UK does - you (as an individual and a couple) are the LAST people who should be assisted in becoming parents. If that sounds really harsh, judgemental and presumptuous of me, it's cos it was meant to be.

I thought it, you said it! Well done.
  • Irishoneof11
    Options
    I feel sorry for you but MORE THAN THAT....I feel sorry for children who's mother doesn't even care if she's there for them or not!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It has totally screwed up my daily routine and set me back ages in things I need to accomplish.
    How so, exactly?
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Why the hell are you on this website than????
  • chanceA
    chanceA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow loving the charitable attitudes. I am on the website because my nutritionist wants me to be. I am not of the , "Boo hoo, I want to be a size four" ilk. I rock the curves baby and my hubby loves them. And to the UK whiner, I was screened and passed, no problem, having already raised one fabulous, intelligent, healthy boy and I am healthy enough, at almost 48 to carry two more. IVF happens in less than 10 days and (per today) the doctor says my body is ready. So Ha!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Your body might be, but judging from your OP, neither your mind or your relationship are.
    I'm not sure I've met anyone on here saying 'boo hoo I want to be a size 4', but have met some really upbeat, proactive people who are losing weight in a healthy way, for 100s of different reasons - but all the successful ones share one thing in common; they're doing it for themselves, because they want to.
    I wish you the best of luck reaching your personal goals, but it looks to me, and others, that you are a negative minded person, who has set yourself up to fail. I wonder if your hubby has read your OP.