Thighs same size as waist

Options
2»

Replies

• kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have that prob too. I find that Silver Suki jeans fit the best. They leave room for hips and bum but are fitted in the waist.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I also carry my weight lower, hips & thighs with small waist. 2 observations: 1) it’s always been hard to find skirts & pants that fit *both* hips & waist, but low rise styles have helped tons (since there is no waist). My daughters are wearing higher waist styles these days (they’re much more fashionable than I am), but I’m clinging to low rise. 2) I think this is weird, but nonetheless, very slowly over decades, even after kids, my hips have gotten smaller and my waist bigger. This has helped with ready to wear clothing, too.

I always get woo-ed for this, but it seems like clothes increasingly are designed for apple shapes which I guess makes sense if the market is filled with people who increasingly have apple shapes. Clothes tailored at the waist seem harder to find. I suck at shopping, though, so maybe I just don’t know where to look.

I see this complaint all the time but I'm an apple shape and at least in the UK this has not been my experience. Jeans that fit my waist (around 30 inches) are always so saggy around my bum and my calves. It drives me mad. I don't think they actually make jeans to fit anyone!
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes my hips are way bigger than my waist,my waist is 29 inches while my hips are 40 inches. I have given up on Jean's and regular pants and just wear leggings instead lol
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have this issue too, pear shaped! And it's getting worse as I lose weight, I think the fat is just moving from my upper body to my lower body. Sigh. I hate that gaping fabric around the belt line and if I don't wear a belt then my big thighs cause my jeans and gym tights to constantly ride downwards and I have to be adjusting them back up all the time. Lower body workouts tend to make the problem worse but I'm not gonna stop squatting coz it feels so good to have strong legs!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes my hips are way bigger than my waist,my waist is 29 inches while my hips are 40 inches. I have given up on Jean's and regular pants and just wear leggings instead lol

I have similar proportions. Things labeled 'curvy' fit typically work for me. Most jeans these days come with a fair bit of stretch, too. I personally don't think that waist-hip ratio is all that difficult to work with, fashion wise.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a post for females, but I have the same problem, and they just don't make fashion forward pants for the well muscled gentleman. Pants that fit my waist are often to small for my thighs and vice versa. I am also very cheap and try to avoid spending more than $40ish dollars on my pants, so that certainly doesn't help my situation.

I've seen slacks and trousers labeled "athletic cut". They're roomier in the thighs and slightly tapered.