Ugh will I ever lose weight

Tbh at they stage I dnt know wat to do. I live in household where my parents bring junk food. My bro likes it. I already told them I’m trying to eat healthy but they aren’t taking it srsly which is annoying. I tried losing weight so many times and each time I failed. I eat around 1400-1550 cals a day. To me this is not restricting. I know the way I’m eating right now is sustainable long term. So the problem here is junk food. Each time I see something that is not that healthy, I would eat it and then I would end up eating the whole kitchen. This is why I failed every time I tried to lose weight. At this stage I feel like I will never get to my goal weight. Ugh Idk what to do.

Replies

• Sparkle097
    Sparkle097 Posts: 83 Member
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    OP how old are you?

• Sparkle097
    Either suck it up or move out. You cannot expect them to make changes to how they live because you want to lose weight. You have to have the will power to say no. If you do not like it, get your own place.

😔
  • Sparkle097
    lx1x wrote: »
    Key word to remember.. "portion". I still eat "junk food".. but in portion.. I still manage loose weight.

True I guess
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Sparkle097 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Key word to remember.. "portion". I still eat "junk food".. but in portion.. I still manage loose weight.

True I guess

I grew up in a big household... I (or you for that matter) don't necessarily need to eat everything what parents bring home.
  • Sparkle097
    Thanks guys!! I also realised that I end up eating like crazy like a week before my menstrution. That’s when like most of the over eating happens. Other days it doesn’t happen at all. I can control my mind.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Honestly there will always be temptations. For me, I have 3 young and growing children so we usually have some sort of candy, cookies, ice cream and chips in the house. It's all about resting those that you cannot control yourself with and allowing yourself some grace and have 1 serving if you have the calories left for the day/week. Hugs!
  • shawnt85
    shawnt85 Posts: 24 Member
    You should try to pinpoint the why behind your junk food binge. I know I like to snack when i'm bored and sometimes just acknowledging the fact that i'm bored and not hungry will help me redirect to something else.

Also don't deprive yourself of treats you like. Fit them into your daily calories. I love chocolate. I squeeze in 1 chocolate treat at the end of my day because dessert makes me feel like my day is complete. When I don't give myself dessert sometimes I just keep eating. If it fits into my day, then I eat it.
  • DisneyHook
    DisneyHook Posts: 5 Member
    Consume less than you burn and it will come. The easiest answer for you is to just suck it up and say no, it's not that hard.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Sparkle I feel for you, menstruation is a key governor for many of our pulls to over eat. You may find a good vitamin and mineral preparation helpful to you, an insufficiency can contribute to problematical cycles. Please read into this using medical sites or support sites rather than anyone's blogs where the information is dubious, take care. I'm fortunate my time is past but remember it all too well.
  • egbert2016
    egbert2016 Posts: 37 Member
    I try to keep my "allowed" foods in a slightly different spot than the food that the rest of the family eats. For example, I have a separate shelf in the fridge and the freezer where I keep my yogurts and meals that I've portioned out for myself. In the pantry, I have one shelf and one basket that are my pre-portioned snacks and other non-perishable items. When I go looking for something to eat, I try not to browse through the entire fridge/freezer/pantry. I focus on my own litttle zones and try to ignore the kids' snacks and other high-calorie items that I want to avoid. If I absolutely want something off my plan, I weigh and measure it and stop with one serving just like savithny suggests.
  • Pick up your own groceries, I don’t think you’d have to worry about it getting eaten by anyone else. And just make better choices when it comes to snacking, whether that be instead of chips, have some nuts. Or instead of a big bowl of ice cream, have a small bowl. Once you make making better choices a habit, the results from that will push you to the next level. Good luck