I’m new. Goal weight?

Options
I’m looking to gain muscle mass. Started out extremely thin. I have been exercising daily for a couple years and have made some progress that I’m really pleased with. However, it has been slow and I think I’ve not been eating enough. Anyone have a benchmark weight for a 6’1” musuclar guy? So I can work out how many calories to eat.
Cheers.

Replies

• Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    No idea but I was amazed when my maintenance worked out at 1700 but started gaining at 2400 along with 4 days lifting. I'm 5 foot 3 😶

I gained 1lb per week and 18 lbs later decided to cut. I do have fat gain but nothing crazy.

Depends on your goal I suppose.
  • DisneyHook
    DisneyHook Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    A better idea would be to set weight lifting goals, such as how much you'd like to be able to max, and then start a program like starting strength so that your strength increases along with your weight which is more important anyway. A young 6'1 male weighing 190-200lbs should be able to squat at least 315 for reps, that would be a good strength goal to get your foot in the door for lifting long term and maintain adequate strength for the rest of your life. A person of that weight and strength wouldn't be ripped or jacked either, just healthy.

You may benefit from this website, it lets you compare average performance based on weight.
    https://strengthlevel.com/
  • FitMoff
    FitMoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a feeling I wasn’t asking the right question haha! Cheers man, that website looks incredibly helpful.
  • Tammyrae99
    Tammyrae99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try 20% over your maintenance.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Depends on a lof of things, but a generally a goal of 180 to 200 would be reasonable for your height if you carry a decent amount of muscle