Green Tea

Options
So I love water but sometimes I want something with a little flavor in it. So today I bought some green tea bags that are flavored. Is it just me or is green tea nasty? Is it an aquired taste? I've tried green tea before but it was plain so I thought this would be different. Not so much. I really don't want to waste my money so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it taste a little better I would be much obliged.

Replies

• Craftbunny
    Options
    Add squeeze of lemon juice in it.
  • clhung
    clhung Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe some honey? I just started adding this new product to my water called MIO liquid enhancer. You can find it in your grocery store in the Crystal Light section. You just squeeze it into your water. There are several flavors and have no sugar, carbs, calories, etc. Mango Peach is good. I'm using Strawberry Watermelon now! :)
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink Lipton Diet Green Tea the mixed berries is the best!
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I love green tea. Are you drinking it plain or with a flavour? Personally, I hate the flavoured ones and just drink it regular, it tastes nicer.
  • DP_87
    DP_87 Posts: 1
    Options
    It takes an adult approx 20 times of trying something they don't like before their taste buds acclimatize. It is an acquired taste and you need at least 4 cups of it a day to benefit from it's metabolism boosting and fat burning powers so it's best to get used to it without adding anything sweet. Maybe a squeeze of lemon? Keep trying it, I assure you you will learn to like it x
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you leave the tea bag in too long, it doesn't taste as good. I like my tea weak... I use one bag for 3 cups. Watch the color of the water change. I usually dip my bag in 5 -7 times to get the color I want. I like my tea plain, but the british like to add a splash of milk. Other ideas, lemon or honey.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    some can be very bitter not all green tea is ucky...I like Jasmine green tea:smile:
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The kind that I got is Lipton Orange, Passion Fruit and Jasmine Green Tea. It smells amazing and tastes okay but there is just a funky aftertaste to it. I dunno. Maybe it will grow on me :tongue:
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i drink well, inhale (lol) diet lipton green tea with citrus! and I love it!!
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    www,teavana.com They have the most amazing teas you could ever imagine! If you have a store near you visit them and you can sample tea before you buy it. They have all sorts caffeine free as well!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I drink close to a gallon of cold green tea every day. I out 7 tea bags into a gallon of water, pop n the fridge and in just a couple hours it's ready. I really love it, and don't think it's weird.

But, I was out to eat a few months ago and tried green tea with pomegranate and it was the nastiest, most fake tasting tea I've ever tasted. Try the regular green tea, perhaps you would enjoy that more.
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will try just the regular green tea next time!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    green tea, sweetened with honey or splenda, some lemon.. delicious!
  • meous
    meous Posts: 1
    Options
    I take green tea tablets 1 day
  • beethatonehun
    Options
    try iced green tea, its to die for during workouts. I dilute the tea with extra ice water so its not too strong for my workouts. #teamgreentea

oh and even if you dont like the taste (i do), just drink it youll feel better mentally flushing out toxins and its a nice change over water or seltzer.
  • carbonfybr
    carbonfybr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tetley has containers of 20 or 25 tea bags with various flavours.
    Honey Lemon
    Pomegranate
    Jasmine
    Blueberry
    Mango Passion Fruit

These are the ones I can remember having ... All great in their own way.
    Mind you I have no problem with regular green tea either since I drink it by the gallon :smile:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    www,teavana.com They have the most amazing teas you could ever imagine! If you have a store near you visit them and you can sample tea before you buy it. They have all sorts caffeine free as well!
    thanks for sharing! some of these look great :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    make sure you are not steeping it too long.....green tea only really needs a min or 2
  • Priscillawants74gone
    Options
    I make a concoction of: Teatech (Jackie Chan's XtraGreen) green tea (the extraction process is supposedly superior to others www.teatech.com) an Emergen-C, and a table spoon of Braggs apple cider vinegar each morning, sometime again in the afternoon. It gives me loads of energy, but I’m not jittery in the least... just the right amount. I would not say that I 'enjoy' the taste, but I know how good it is for me, so I now enjoy drinking the concoction for that reason.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    it isnt nasty it is just a subtle tea. Nothing great. i like it though, i drink it everyday.