OMG, hungry, hungry, hungry, hungry

Options
I'm so freaking hungry today, I don't remember the last time I was this hungry . . .

Replies

• Fluffy333
    Options
    Me, too. And it's fixing to be lunch around here. I brought green salad and yogurt and an avocado. Somebody PLEASE remind me to be good to myself! Stop all this abuse I'm heaping on my poor body...

Thanks.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body then and eat (within reason). It's probably trying to tell you something...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    This is when I go for a protein shake. Seriously fills me up.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    try to plan little snacks into your day so you aren't so hungry and get desperate and then binge. It is also best for your metabolism to eat small meals.

Starting the day off with some protein can also help curb hunger
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is when I go for a protein shake. Seriously fills me up.

That's my first thought. Eat lots of protein!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How many meals are you eating a day and what do they consest of?
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. Longer term, try to graze, not eat few big meals, then your body gets hunger pangs less. Luck!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and soy free and can't find a decent gf/sf protein shake. I plan snacks, I actually plan 5 meals a day plus one evening snack. I'm just so hungry today! I ate my 10:30 apple at 8:30 and my 2:30 snack at 10:30 and then my lunch was supposed to be filling (it usually is) and the further I got into the gumbo the more hungry I got. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to make a sound decision with my available options of fast food.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I admit I need more protein . . .
  • kamula
    kamula Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i eat a corn cake or carrot stick when hungry or a protein bar or coke zero :)
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    yes more protien would help you out alot. I looked at your food diary and it was all over the place to me anyways. Drink more water and get some more protien is all i can think of
  • Fluffy333
    Options
    Unfortunately, my body will lie to me on occasion. I got a lap band back in late 2007. It's a great tool, but I've lost the will to use it. There are certain foods that just can't be tolerated anymore...most breads, carbonated drinks, and weirdly -- chicken!

But giving up isn't in my nature. I lost down to 162 after the band (but I was ill and grieving). I looked better but felt horrible. Now I'm up over 200 again and feel horrible yet again.

Help?
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i eat a corn cake or carrot stick when hungry or a protein bar or coke zero :)

Coke zero is my weakness. I can curb my junk food cravings by drinking it. It's like a snack for me... lol so weird and bad for you but I don't care.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    water or green tea may help :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    yes more protien would help you out alot. I looked at your food diary and it was all over the place to me anyways. Drink more water and get some more protien is all i can think of

Yes, I haven't really had time to do the cooking that I normally do the past few weeks, so it is a bit all over the place right now. I really need to get back in the swing of things now that life has calmed down. In the mean time I still need to figure out what I'm going to eat next.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some sugar free gum and drink lots of water. Sounds like your meal planning is well thought out. It's just a mental thing. Gum will help with the mental part and water will make you feel full.