DR. PEPPER DOWNFALL!!

Options
SWolphagen
SWolphagen Posts: 3 Member
Does anyone have any tips and tricks on how to kick the craving for soda?? It is my Achilles heel and I keep caving in and drinking it! I know if I can stop drinking it, I'd drop weight SO much faster but it's so hard!

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper 10

You can also try something flavored but totally different like iced tea.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I bought the small cans and drank one a day.
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The small cans are only 100 cals or so anyway. Even at 1200 a day 10% should be discretionary, as in whatever the hell you want.
  • sarapostic14
    sarapostic14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could also try to find a different drink you enjoy. Sparkling Ice is a sweet, sparkling water which may help. Low calories but might kick the craving for sweet soda. You could even just limit yourself to one Dr. Pepper then have Sparkling Ice as a supplement. https://www.sparklingice.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHIymN0DXVTqat466VftE3IgiP9KGtI0RctvKfXIMRzmE2RcAQhWz0EaAvJbEALw_wcB
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I was a big time soda drinker when I started...on a good day I might have 3, but usually closer to 5 or 6. I started by weening it down to one per day at lunch...after a bit I made it every other day and got it to once per week on Friday lunch and eventually just stopped drinking them altogether save for here or there, but I'm generally more likely to just have a diet soda these days if I want one. I make an exception for the craft brewed Sarsaparilla at the pumpkin farm we go to in the fall.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Op how much you drink a day?

I'm a Dr pepper drinker too.. manage to drink one a day when I started.. and now.. one every couple days..

Get a bottled one .. this helped me a lot..
  • SWolphagen
    SWolphagen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My problem. Doesnt lie in my house. I stopped buying it and keeping it in the house. My problem is at work and going out to eat. I really struggle with not choosing soda with a meal when we eat out and I work right next to a pizza sports bar so we get drinks and food there all the time. Self control is my problem. I struggle with saying no
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Diet soda doesn't taste as good but it's zero calories and carbonated. That could be worth a shot
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SWolphagen wrote: »
    My problem. Doesnt lie in my house. I stopped buying it and keeping it in the house. My problem is at work and going out to eat. I really struggle with not choosing soda with a meal when we eat out and I work right next to a pizza sports bar so we get drinks and food there all the time. Self control is my problem. I struggle with saying no

Just refuse it once.

Then the next time you've already done it once, why not twice?

Etc etc, this is how you build your willpower muscles.

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    SWolphagen wrote: »

Yeah.. same when I started.. but forced myself switching for bottled water instead (buying ff meals)
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I had to go cold turkey. Diet sodas were my problem. I quit in 2016. For me there were two keys...i taught myself to like coffee to get a caffeine replacement. I started drinking a lot of sparkling water. I learned to like La Croix and Spindrift.

Once you've gone a month or two without regular soda, it tastes way too sweet to drink. Once you've been off diet soda for a month or two, it tastes way too chemically to continue drinking.

Good luck.