Struggling to keep motivated on low carb diet and hypothyroidism

Options
On a low carb diet, not quite keto allowed up to 88 carbs a day, since a1c1 keeps creeping up and medication for my hypothyroidism not regulated fully yet. been on this plan since November and have as of today only lost 12 lbs. I have started working out cardio daily , strength training 3 days a week. still doesn't seem to move the scale any faster. I try to keep positive , not so bloated and clothes are not as tight, while the diet portion I am doing good on it, it is hard to keep going when I cant get anyone else in the house to be my buddy. Lifestyle changes are hard to do on your own.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I hear you and I feel your pain. Many of us on here are hypothyroid and as long as you are medicated that shouldln't stop you from losing. Losing weight enhabled me to get off the meds for blood sugar issues (metformin). I didn't do low carb but I lost alot of weight. I am guessing your doc put you on low carb so you would probably be wise to stick with it. Maybe once your weight gets to goal you will be able to add a few more carbs in. I still watch my refined carbs like a hawk because it tends to make me want to overeat so although I eat alot of healthy carbs like veggies and fruit I have drastically cut white flour and sugar. I will never be able to go back to that way of eating if I wish to maintain my healthy weight and normal blood sugar. Walking daily has also helped alot. Every now and then I indulge but I always budget for the calories. Don't give up my friend as time goes by it does get easier.
  • themomboss
    themomboss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words to inspire me to keep going and not be so hard on myself.Smile back on my face and love for all in my heart to all of us struggling and supporting each other.