Holiday struggle

Options
First holidays of the year and keeping up with the recording of food on my fitness pal has been a challenge. Finding the right number of calories for the portions I have been eating has shown me that I still have a lot to learn about this app and food searching! Hoping for a better/back to normal week from tomorrow as I go back to work 🤞

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You've totally got this! :flowerforyou:
  • pattybristow
    pattybristow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So after a week off my weighing didn't go the way I wanted it, but on the positive side it didn't go up either! This week is all about getting back on track 🤞😊
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    There is a significant calorie counting learning curve that doesn’t get much discussion. Do you use a food scale at home? Measuring cups? You will find that if you practice portion control at home, it will train your eye.

There are always going to be calorie counting gray areas. Just do your best to get everything logged into your diary and put a number on it.
  • pattybristow
    Options
    Thanks for your comment. I do sometimes use food scales when preparing food but I guess I just need to do it more often so I get used to the size of the portions. 🤔😊
  • pattybristow
    Options
    Truly love having holidays and spending time with my family but, keeping up with the food logging it's just so difficult specially in a different country! 😭