Accountability; postpartum and pre wedding goal

Options
Hi my fitness pal community!
I’m here to post for accountability as I would like to return to my pre pregnancy weight in three month ! I have a 6 month old little boy and I am getting married in May so I would like to lose my last 15-18 lbs by the wedding , may 25 th !
Start weight: ~120 lbs
Goal weight 1: 112 lbs
Goal weight 2: 106 lbs
Wedding goal weight: 104 lbs

Please note I’m just under 5’2 and pre pregnancy weight was lower than 103 lbs ; but I’ve found my bone structure has broadened and I would look healthier a couple pounds higher then I once was :)

I am currently at home with my baby all day so to be active my goal is to walk on the treadmill for 2-4 miles a day most days of the week and clean the house a little bit daily ( plus I carry around a 18 lb baby a lot lol)
Wish me luck :)

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby and the wedding! I am getting married May 4th and am currently 132 pounds (profile pic was minus 17 pounds ago). I would like to lose 10-12 pounds in 9 weeks. I currently have my diet under control but am lacking motivation to exercise. I am hoping to get on track next week and set up a routine. I love to hear more about others trying to lose a little weight before the wedding. I don't want to look back at my pic's from the wedding and be embarrassed. I am almost 5'5. I look pudgy in my wedding dress and I just want to feel good. Again good luck!
  • ktaqwa
    ktaqwa Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your reply ! I totally agree it’s tough with the pressure of a wedding on our hands ! Sometimes it’s motivating and other times I find it overwhelming and seek comfort ( usually in the form of food ) which hinders the process ! Hope you reach your goals too and feel free to post here for accountability too so we can motivated one another ( ps, your getting married on my bday! So I hope that brings you good luck xo)
  • j1wright
    Options
    Oh yay, a May 4th Birthday! My Bday is April 20th so we are both getting married like two weeks after our Birthday! :smile: I wished I would have started losing weight two months ago so I would feel better about all of this but, better late than never. My weakness is in comfort food and wine. I am trying to stick to veggies, eggs, and meat. This weekend is going to be rough though. We are suppose to get a lot of snow here and I am going to be stuck in the house. I need to get out my Wii Zumba discs and dance. It is one of my favorite workouts but I am just so lazy. Ugh! I am hoping to start working out next week right after work. Bringing my workout clothes with me, helps me tremendously to stay on track! I wished I had a treadmill at home but I would probably still find a reason not to exercise. I will figure it out I guess.
  • ktaqwa
    ktaqwa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well it’s great that you know the little tricks that help you stay on track ! That’s half the battle for sure in my opinion ! I think if we try and focus on how good it feels rather then all the work we have to do we will be successful ! 🤞❤️
  • kathrynriddick16
    kathrynriddick16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 2 months pp and set myself a 7 month target for a big family holiday. Looking for accountability with fellow Mums if anyone fancied being friends x
  • j1wright
    Options
    Ladies, I joined MFP 5 weeks postpartum 7 years ago, and lost 80 pounds in about 7 months. It is crazy how it just fell off with tracking but I became a little OCD about it, and honestly it became a bad thing. Since then I gained 25 pounds back (because I found an amazing man after I divorced 5 years ago and when I am happy I eat). I am down 5 lbs so far in one week (water weight) but I know this works, just gotta stay on track and don't drive yourself crazy about it. :)
  • SamanthaKee
    SamanthaKee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I just had my second baby, gained 70 with this pregnancy and 80 with my first. Hoping to be able to lose it all again but ahh it’s so daunting. Goodluck momma and I’m sure you’ll be radiant on your big day!