Insanity results so far...feeling deflated.

Options
Hi everyone

I'm new here and hoping I'm posting this in the right section.

I've just finished the first month of Insanity and currently on the recovery week. I'm posting my results because I just can't see a difference at all. I'm very demotivated. I've been terrible with my diet and my energy is lacking so bad...I don't think I'm going to make it past the recovery stage now. I know this is my fault and have nobody to blame but myself. I have pushed hard through the workouts however, and I take a recovery shake and eat a protein bar each day.

Has anyone felt the same during the recovery week. I don't want to stop now. I need to get my diet in order but just not motivated to continue. Anyone felt the same?!

fv12aoun3ci7.png

Replies

• alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, we truly are our own biggest critics! I can totally see a difference in your pics, don't get discouraged! You're doing great!!!
  • ejnxyz
    ejnxyz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree, you look way different. It's impressive!! Hang in there. Are you able to "disconnect" the thought process, and "just do it?" Long term, you will need to ease into life long good habits of healthy eating, regular exercise, active destressing, and sleep. The exercise class "bursts" are great to break down barriers and kick into the next level. I'm impressed - go girl!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Did you take before and after measurements? Are you sure you measured exactly the same spot and tightness of the tape? If not, start doing this now so you’ll have future comparisons.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference! Look at the way your bra fits. In the before it slightly digs in, in the after it is salt to your skin.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    Right off the bat, even at a quick glance, I can see a difference - look at your waist! You've done a lot in a month!

But as someone else pointed out, the Beachbody ads show before & afters that are extremely misleading. Those results are NOT typical and they are going to use the people whose nutrition is 100% spot-on, get spray tanned, get perfect lighting, perfect posing, professional photographers (with Photoshop skillz too)! Please don't compare yourself to those! You are doing great!
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I see a major difference! Your waist is a smooth line now, the little bulge is gone! And look at your bellybutton! You look great , keep it up!
  • nifftD
    nifftD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did you take photos of your back? Or from the side? Or measurements - arm, chest, waist, thigh. I see changes. Definitely

My mid section is the last section to change. Also, diet will affect stomach. But you may have lost weight in your back!!

Keep going. I am in awe of you doing Insanity. It’s hard to keep going if you feel as though you aren’t getting results. Give it time. You should feel super proud of yourself. It’s amazing!

Try and clean up one small thing in your diet. Give up your sweet drinks. Late night snack. Cut the milk out of teas and drinks. Try black tea. Or black coffee. Fried foods. You may start to affect the stomach.

I’m the worse with burgers. If I give in, I throw the bun out (or ask for it without a bun - to save food waste)!!

Congrats!

• mariasoleilsantos
    mariasoleilsantos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I see an improvement in your photo at a first glance. Congratulations!

I ended up reading posts and replies because I felt the same. My first month in Insanity was good and results were fast like i see a change each day. I'm currently on the half of my 2nd month but i see very little improvement. My husband told me I may be in a plateau phase. Hence, I need to keep going and push more if I can whenever i do the workout. Our bodies tend to adapt easily to a workout routine. I was discouraged at first, so I ended up reading posts here in My Fitness Pal. But thank you for your insights.

Let's keep going. We'll get there. I'll have more patience too.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. You're doing great. Keep at it. I'm looking at doing a beach body workout soon as well so I will definitely like to see your updates. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Imagine what would've happen had your nutrition been better. Now use that as motivation for the next month.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference. Just look at the side roll on the first picture versus the second picture where this is none up by the bra. Even your bellybutton is smaller! Keep it up! You look amazing and have done great things!
  • cdubs4better
    cdubs4better Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree! so happy you stuck with it, it reminds me of how i felt about my before and afters..... and i how i feel again, after taking a year off from injury... then excuses
  • jefferyvarian
    jefferyvarian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you carried on with insanity because I can definitely see a difference in the two photos