Liquids other than water

Options
Hi, I just joined. I had my morning decaf coffee with 3 teaspoons of creamer. There is no category for liquids other than water. I entered it under food. How am I supposed to enter it?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    For coffee, I just enter the creamer calories in my food diary. Some people will add 5 calories per cup of coffee, but I do not.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    it's all "food" to me regardless of consistency (solid, creamy, liquid...)
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I add the creamers to my food diary (along with any other beverage that isn't water). I normally DO NOT add the 5 calories for the coffee there. I also had to learn to drink my coffee a little differently. Once I learned how much sugar and stuff was in my creamer..... I changed it up...milk and a little syrup was WAY better for me than my Coffee Mate :( - I found it an easy way to reduce the calories without feeling deprived.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do add the 6 calories for (my) cup of coffee, because I log everything that passes my lips. I'm within my body's healthy weight range and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I don't think everyone has to do that, but I hit a bit of a wall with my weight loss. I didn't used to enter it though.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You can add it in with the meal you drank it with. You can customize your food log for more or less meals and change the names. I've seen people set up a special "Beverages" section. Whatever works for your brain. Anything with calories should go into the food log somewhere though, liquid or solid or somewhere in between :drinker:
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I simply renamed the sections in my food diary. I have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Drinks and Pudding.
    I log my cups of tea (including the milk) in the Drinks section.

Easy Peasy.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I simply renamed the sections in my food diary. I have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Drinks and Pudding.

Easy Peasy.

a pudding section. I need that...
    or maybe i'd name it "chocolate" :smiley:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »

Easy Peasy.

a pudding section. I need that...
    or maybe i'd name it "chocolate" :smiley:

I keep thinking I should rename my Snacks category as "The reason I'm not losing weight"

Okay, that's funny!