Healthy lunch

Options
Can anyone recommend a healthy lunch, high in protein and low in calories?

Replies

• hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How much protein and how low in calories? Are you cooking or does it need to be portable?

My favourite strategy is to use green veg to make up bulk, then add protein in the form of fish or eggs.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    How much protein and how low in calories? Are you cooking or does it need to be portable?

My favourite strategy is to use green veg to make up bulk, then add protein in the form of fish or eggs.

Same here. About 250kg of steamed mixed veg and 70-80g of cooked chicken breast is a decent lunch for me. Usually about 250kcal and 28g of protein. Scale up as needed, I am a small person. Add seasoning and hot sauce for flavour and minimal additional kcal.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    depends on one's definition of "healthy" and how "low in calories" one wants.

my lunches:
    - 2 boiled eggs (with spices), raw veggies, two laughing cow wedges, home made protein bar
    - Tuna salad plus crackers raw veggies, home made protein bar
    - home made butternut squash soup, raw veggies, cottage cheese, home made protein bar
    - home made quinoa salad, raw veggies, cottage cheese, home made protein bar

I make my own protein bars cuz it's easy and it can control everything.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I usually bring whatever I had for dinner the prior night - in a smaller portion. In a pinch - it's a salad with protein (tuna, chicken, beef - whatever I have). This week it's been beef stew since I made a BIG pot due to the blizzard. I'll make a spaghetti squash on the weekend and eat it with spaghetti sauce a few days. I've also just done cottage cheese and sliced turkey (deli style) or something. I guess it depends on if you are just going lower calorie or a specific macro to meet - and what is available to you at lunch - microwave? toaster? fridge? nothing?