Beginner Yoga

Options
I would like to get into meditation and yoga. I am looking for some good free videos on Youtube, or elsewhere. Ideally, I'd like to do it for about 20-30 minutes, maybe 3-4 times a week. Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thank you!

Replies

• anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene seems to be a favorite for many people.

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adrienne is great - lots of different yoga classes and she does meditation as well.
    I would try out an in person yoga class at some stage as sometimes you need an instructor to show you correct alignment and positions as sometimes you can unknowingly be doing things wrong if you are just doing video based classes and could potentially injure yourself.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Adriene!!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    3-4 times a week may be a bit much depending on your current fitness level, other exercise, and what type of yoga you do. You might start with 1-2 times per week and work your way up.

Meditation, on the other hand, you can do every day. I strongly recommend the 8 Minute Meditation approach for beginners. There’s a book, but the idea is that you commit to meditating for one 8 minute session every day. The book teaches you a different type of meditation each week.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i strongly suggest going to a yoga studio and trying a few classes there. you can look for beginner or community yoga classes. or you can call and tell them what you need.
    videos are great but first knowing proper alignment is important to avoid injury is vital.