Healthy lunch ideas

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
urghh, so im fed up of the same boring lunch day in day out! I need new ideas!!

It has to be preferably under 250 cals!, cannot consist of bread - i cant eat it! Ive had to cut it out to help with weightloss. I normally have like cup a soups, crackers, salad, etc. Getting very bored now! Soo any nice ideas?

Please notice - im not a good chef, (the smoke alarm cheers me on most times!) soo anything quick ans simple would be a great help :)

Thanks in advanced x

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    how about a nice greek yogurt with fresh fruit? or a fresh yummy salad with a few slices of grilled chicken?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    What have you been eating and why under 250 calories? That's not much! The easy answer is anything with protein to keep you full longer. I'll make tuna salad with light mayo, pickle relish and celery or a big green salad with tons of fruit, some diced chicken or ham, reduced fat feta cheese and balsamic vinegar as my dressing.
  • mdora
    mdora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about tuna with a dash of salt and some lemon juice. You can eat it on pita bread.
  • joz1987
    joz1987 Posts: 1
    Options
    what about tuna wraps - you can get low fat, brown wraps and slice a tomato on the top .

You can have it like that or you can put it in the toaster for a minute.
  • tjnd88
    tjnd88 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have my sandwiches on whole wheat bagel thins, but occasionally I'll have my sandwiches "un-wich" style, which is a trick I learned from the Jimmy John's restaurant chain. Basically all the contents of your sandwich wrapped in large lettuce leafs instead of bread. Love it !
  • Cchappell10
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before...
    Wraps (ex. Wrap/Tortilla, Light Cream Cheese, Romaine/Green Leaf, Ham Lunch Meat, Olives)...
    Grilled Chicken with Steamed Broccoli/Other Veggie...
    Brown Rice with Chicken/Veggies and Soy Sauce

Good Luck!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Thanks people!! Sounds sooo yummmy!

I only have 250 ish for lunch, as i work my day out in calorie wise, 250 for breakfast, 250 for lunch 600 for tea and then 2 snack off 100 cals or under :)
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    A smoothie takes 5 minutes to make. Non fat yoghurt, small banana(or half), fresh or frozen berries, 1 tablespoon ground flax seed/wheat germ, and a bit of water and blend. Pour into an insulated container and off you go. Be sure to rinse the blender blades and container for faster cleanup later.

I get organic hummus in small individual containers at Costco/Sams Club. Cut up crispy zuchini, carrots(already sliced), bell peppers, whatever.

Also when I worked I always brought leftover from dinner the night before maybe served on a bed of baby spinach. One day an office mate told everyone in the lunch room not to eat with me cause she has the most delicious lunches. Makes everyone elses look sad. Sorrry I enjoy eating.
  • schneekle
    Options
    The sachets of Ainsley Harriot Cous Cous are fantasticly tasty and quite filling and come in a variety of flavours. The Chilli one is my favourite and comes in at 194cals
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Minced turkey mixed with salsa and then made into burgers. Lean protien might work for you.
  • amatlack
    amatlack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of this on Sunday and eat it all week: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Moussaka.aspx

It's just under 250 and is a HUGE portion for what you get! I make it with ground turkey, and I use Organicville jarred sauce (uses agave instead of sugar). I also use 0% fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.

It's time consuming, but you only have to cook once all week.
  • kamula
    kamula Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    great ideas guys!