Is it possible to lose 30kg?

Options
Hello Members,

I'm on my weight loss journey. I need to lose 32kg to reach my ideal weight.

But, is it possible to lose 32kg? It seems like a very big number. :(

Losing every kg seems to be a very tough process and Im concerned about reaching my ideal weight. :(

Replies

• timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 50 kg so far just over 12 more to go! It's taken 6 years though but I'm getting there. The real factors that will affect if you can lose 32kg that you need to consider is what is your starting weight and goal weight. As well as your height. And if your male or female. If you post those details I'm sure one of the more experienced members can let you know if it's realistic or not x
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    It's possible assuming that doesn't get you in "too skinny/unhealthy" range.

One long term goal is good but start with small achievable ones. Ex: get a food scale and log all your food for a few dyas. Or even just one meal. then maybe a goal of losing 5pds (in 3 weeks or whatnot).

don't worry about the END GOAL today. concentrate on the steps you can take now towards that goal.

I twice lost 100lbs. it's totally doable. (that's 66kg so less than your goal).
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It is totally possible but it will take time! Like someone else mentioned don't focus on the end goal just start your weight loss journey and see where it takes you! Time will pass whether you do something or not, wouldn't you rather be a healthier you after that time has passed?
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible. Just start.

Sustained weight loss takes time and requires changes in lifestyle/habits, not just eating less, which many people believe.

In October (5 months ago) I began the same journey as you. I wanted to lose 75 lbs. Initially it was 30 lbs. because I was given the Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis. My blood sugar testing came back in the range of Diabetic. I knew it was because of my weight and my diet habits.

I vowed to knock those blood sugar numbers back to the "normal" range within 3 months. I managed to shed 24 lbs. in that time. My blood sugars were back to normal In January but it made me realize something else. The odds were that if I didn't continue my weight loss journey that eventually Diabetes would return.

I have now adopted these eating and exercise habits to be a normal part of my everyday. I am now down a total of 34 lbs. in 5 months.

It has been incredibly hard because I have a severe mobility impairment so I don't get much exercise except at the local swimming pool where I "water walk" at least an hour per day everyday. I cut out all fast food and packaged food and started eating meals I prepare from raw ingredients. My age is a factor as well (male, 54).

I am currently averaging 1700 calories per day and have upped the "walking" to 1.5 hours per day and added some water "resistance" exercises. My goal is to have shed 75 lbs. by year end (14 months total). I am almost halfway there in only 5 months so it is possible!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done and many on here have achieved it. Check out the success stories board and you will see several. Also I have seen many of the folks on here who post daily that have lost that much and most importantly they have kept it off! Take your time and learn along the way. Don't try to lose it overnight. Be willing to change your lifestyle permanently and you will be fine.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    People lose a lot more than that. Of course you can! You just have to stick with your program, and eat less calories than your body burns, and it will happen!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    give it time
    while time passes adjust your habits so you won't gain it back
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible as long as you start adopting healthy lifestyle changes. Weigh and track your food and set up MFP to lose 1 lb a week. That is what I have done and it led me to losing 57 lbs (25.8kg) in one year. I plan on losing a total of 34 kg so I have 8.2kg to go which hopefully I will accomplish by the end of June :)

Take is slow and easy so you don't burn out!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds. That’s about 45 kg. It is absolutely possible if you consistently eat within your calorie budget, and be patient. It took me 2.5 years to lose that weight and sometimes the process seems slow. Just stick with your calorie goal and trust the process.
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 40kgs in last 9ish months it is doable
  • weightloss_newbie
    weightloss_newbie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words guys! :) I'll motivate myself and continue to lose weight slowly and steadily. :)
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but it will take time. I've lost 27 in 14 months, and I'm wondering whether to stop losing and maintain or lose 2-3 more and make it a nice, round number. Either way, now I'm in the healthy range.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words guys! :) I'll motivate myself and continue to lose weight slowly and steadily. :)

You can do this! If any doubt starts creeping in, maybe read some of these:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300359/most-helpful-posts-success-stories-must-reads

or just look at posts here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1167854/photo-only-success-stories

For some insights about the many positive things that can happen even before reaching ultimate goal, read some of these:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv

Best wishes!
  • weightloss_newbie
    weightloss_newbie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 50 kg so far just over 12 more to go! It's taken 6 years though but I'm getting there. The real factors that will affect if you can lose 32kg that you need to consider is what is your starting weight and goal weight. As well as your height. And if your male or female. If you post those details I'm sure one of the more experienced members can let you know if it's realistic or not x

Thank you for your reply. :) My starting weight was 110.5kg. Now, my current weight is 104.9kg. My goal weight is to reach 75kg. And my height is 168cm.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, it's most definitely possible! My starting weight was 95.25 kilograms and I now weigh 53 kilograms and am trying to lose just a tiny bit more vanity weight.

Read as many of all of the Getting Started and General Discussion forum stickies for an idea on how to successfully lose weight, and as Ann pointed out, all of the great threads in the Success forum for inspiration.