Yikes!

Options
I’ve been doing KETO for 8 weeks and have only lost 8 pounds. Arggggggggg. Disappointing! I haven’t been counting the daily macros and decided today to TRY to understand it. Read that this app was a huge help, but can’t figure out how to switch it to Keto. Oh well. Any Keto people here?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    How much were you expecting? That is a good rate of loss :)
  • wandering44
    wandering44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You need to do lots of research to find out what's available and what has the lowest carbs. There are lots of low carb substitutes on the market for items that add up quickly, i.e. sugar, ketchup, flour, etc. Don't forget to keep your fat intake up. Your goals on the keto diet should be no more than 20 grams of carbs, 133 grams of fat. The protein allowance is found by dividing your desired weight by 2.2. I sit down with MFP at breakfast time and plan out the meals for the day. If I'm over or under on my goals I can adjust what I eat BEFORE I eat it. I have found the hardest thing to do is to eat enough fat. Anyway, there are lots of information and recipes on the internet. One word of caution - I have found that the nutritional values published for the recipes do not match up with what I come up with. I do use ingredients that I have entered into my foods with the nutritional values from the labels of the ingredients to get more accurate numbers.

It can be tedious and time consuming to log all of your food but I think it is critically important. After you get your account set up and get good at using the website, your time spent will decrease a great deal. You can share your meals. Good luck. I am 74 (female) and wish I had started this at your age. It's a lifetime project.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 8 weeks is a pound a week, which is usually the recommended rate of loss. It sounds like you need to adjust your expectations.