Premium Account?

Options
mnd_lgh
mnd_lgh Posts: 8 Member
I don’t have ads on here... why do they keep saying to go premium to remove ads?? Anyone have premier and prefer it? I’ve been curious for awhile now. Thanks. 🙂

Replies

• wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Some browsers block ads. I use Brave.
  • StormToday
    StormToday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've had mfp for years and never had an issue with excessive ads or anything.

Idk if premium is worth it because I've never had it and I've lost a lot of weight using mfp
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was using MFP free and recently upgraded to Premium as I thought it would provide a bit more support. Except for a few more reports, and ability to look at some things in more than one way, it's pretty much the same to me, considering how I use it.

As far as ads, on the computer they are not even noticeable as they're probably over in the far right column, separate from MFP.

Using the app on cellphone, there are a few ads scattered throughout along with a few MFP blog posts. But, since getting Premium, the ads are gone, but the MFP blog posts have increased dramatically, and are even more annoying and intrusive than the ads. I'm constantly scrolling past them to see updates from members.

So, at this point, I haven't seen any benefit to having premium, which includes the following:

Ad-Free
    Focus on meeting your goals without distraction

Exercise Calorie Settings
    Track exercises without increasing your daily goals

Exclusive Content
    Articles and tips available only to our Premium subscribers

Different Goals by Day
    Set custom calorie and macronutrient goals for any day of the week

Food Analysis
    Learn which foods rank highest in the nutrients you care about

Nutrient Dashboard
    Choose a view that best helps you achieve your personal goals

Priority Customer Support
    Premium support requests are given top priority, 7 days a week

Quick Add Macronutrients
    Track grams of fat, protein and carbs in just seconds

Macronutrients by Gram
    Set macronutrient goals by either gram or percentage

View All Weekly Digests
    Get unlimited access to your reports from all previous weeks

Export Your Information
    Download CSV files of your progress, meal and exercise history

Macronutrients By Meal
    View macronutrients by gram or percentage in your diary

Calorie Goals By Meal
    Set custom calorie goals for each meal

MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    There were quite a bit of ads for me when I had the free account. I have the premium version now. I don't know if most people "need" the premium versions as the free version still provides a lot of functionality. For me since I do TDEE it's nice to have the option to turn off my exercise calories, and I appreciate no ads. So I don't mind having paid for it as it is pretty cheap yearly. But if someone doesn't feel like they can afford it or want to pay it, it's definitely not necessary.