I am new here

Options
Hi, I am new here but excited to get started losing weight. My biggest problem is eating out at lunch every day. Any ideas?

Replies

• Michellew
    Options
    Hi, I am new here but excited to get started losing weight. My biggest problem is eating out at lunch every day. Any ideas?
  • determined4ever
    Options
    I always look for things on the menu that are grilled. Stay away from all the extras. I also take my salad dressing with me because there are few places that offer fat free dressings. Portion size is my biggest problem.....I try to order a "to go" box before I ever start eating and place half of my entree in the "to go" box before I ever start. Eating out is hard, but there are some options.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    salads, frilled, veggies and fruits!!!!!

I am on that tract now!!!

Good luck and welcome
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So what is your situation that you have to eat out every day? Is there no way that you could take something from home with you? I usually take a lunch with me, eat it at the beginning of my break, then if I have to go out to a restaraunt for one reason or another I just order a beverage.

You can't go wrong with an all veggie salad and ff dressing with grilled chicken, or a broth based soup.