Sugar and Fat and Carbs OH MY!

Options
I try to eat a relatively balanced diet with fruits and veggies and carbs and protein mixed in. I tend to be a little under my protein goal and go over on the fats/sugar on a regular basis. If I'm staying within my calorie goal and exercise regularly (but not eating back ALL of the exercise calories), I'm wondering if this could be stunting my weight loss.

I've been trying to make a few changes such as having Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread instead of the real stuff but I'm still going over.

Replies

• ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    In my opinion, yes. I believe that protien is essiental to health. When we loose weight we are already limiting how much we get. If you are craving these foods, it could be that you are lacking energy. Consider eating more protien. There are many other things that go into this equation.
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm the opposite way, I usually eat more protein than I'm told too. Most the time I mean too.
    It could have something to do with why you aren't losing, but if you are staying under your calorie goal you should still be losing weight.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What you might want to do is set your macros for 40-30-30 or close to it. That way your ratios will be balanced. Carbs, protein and fat all work together. They help in keeping your blood sugar levels normal and keep you feeling full longer if you have them in a good ratio. Eating every 3 hours helps also in not hitting those afternoon slumps. Try and eat carbs, protein and fat in all of your meals/snacks.

I try to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight...mainly because I lift weights and you really need to repair/refuel the muscles. Protein is very important for those who are very active.

They cleaner you eat the less sugar/fat you consume. Don't forget fruits have natural sugar and MFP sets the sugar ration very low. Keep it around 50 and you'll be fine.