Diet break - how to?

Options
82EC
82EC Posts: 123 Member
I’ve decided to take a diet break - it’ll be for the next 10 days while I’m on holiday. I’ll be staying with my parents, who have never dieted in their life (and are not fat) and eating home cooked food so I cannot really count calories. Just wondering how I go about eating to make sure I don’t gain all of my hard-lost kilos back again?

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    There are multiple ways to get through it. You could estimate as much as possible and still log calories to at least stay in maintenance. You could stop logging and focus on how you feel- stop before you get too full and minimize extras like alcohol and high cal/low nutrient snacks. You could get some form of exercise most days you're there to maximize calorie burn.

I personally never stop logging even when I'm deliberately going over my calorie limits and don't know exactly what's in something. Estimating is better than nothing for me.

Good luck and have fun!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Set some rules for yourself and then follow them.

I would ask your parents what the plans are for the week. Find out if you're going to be visiting your grandma whose cake you can't pass up, the hometown restaurant that has great BBQ, etc. Then plan around those things but understand that going slightly off plan is okay.

Have fun! Once you've had one break they get less scary :)