motivation

Options
I've been trying to diet for a few months now and I'm not having that much success. I know it's all my fault! :tongue: It's hard to diet in a house full of people not on a diet who are eating lots of fatty yummy things (especially when you have a brother who is in chef school). Does anyone have any tips for staying on track and motivated to prevent slip ups? Thanks a bunch :smile:

Replies

• pelelovesme
    Options
    I've been trying to diet for a few months now and I'm not having that much success. I know it's all my fault! :tongue: It's hard to diet in a house full of people not on a diet who are eating lots of fatty yummy things (especially when you have a brother who is in chef school). Does anyone have any tips for staying on track and motivated to prevent slip ups? Thanks a bunch :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    This place! I like that my ticker reflects how I am doing and if I screw up, my ticker goes down!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have made it a point this year to buy more fruit and veggies and low fat dips, more sugar free, more organic and less pre processed crap.

My family loves it and they are not on diets.

I have so much support from hubby and kid, it's uncanny!!!

They eat what I do and if they eat sugar, I am now OK with it,

It took me a bit, but we are here for you......
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    I'm in the same exact situation. Keep a section away from the rest of their food and mark it just YOUR food. Kinda like a secret hidaway where you can keep all of your own goodies. Keep it in its own separate section though, not together in the pantry with everyone else's if you can. Even pick up something small from target, in the storage section.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I actually bought my own little cubby that has 3 baskets. I put all my food in it, therefore I don't go into my boyfriends neck of the kitchen. In his evil cabinet resides cookies, chips, chocolate... may the list go on. I never open it , I never see it and it makes it a lot easier. He may eat some of it in front of me, but I have my own hidden treats that make me satisfied, so it works.

I feel you on the chef thing. He is a chef as well and loves all kinds of foods. He also enjoys adding much unneeded salt, butter and FAT to his dishes. Thats why he's not allowed in the kitchen except for special occassions!!

Good luck!! You can resist, just find a way to make it easier on you!