What is one of your biggest changes you have made that makes

Options
2»

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The biggest change for me was realizing that I can take time for myself without the guilt. My kids are ok without me for an hour (or they join me for a run). My husband CAN cook if I'm on the treadmill. Like many of you I have completely changed the definition of what food means to me. I've peeled back a layer and exposed myself - - it's not as scary as I thought it would be. I realized I'm worth it.

I never would have made it this far without all of my great MFP buddies. Thanks!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    one of the most tangable things I have done, is track track track my intake - even when I over do it and don't want to see the numbers.

Mostly for me it is mental. I have stopped telling myself that I am not good enough, stopped sayings that I would never be able to do it anyway, so why try. I have to tell myself everyday, "I got this, I can do this, I am worth the effort" It is still a struggle, but I'm doing it!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    My biggest change has been my attitude about food. I self-medicated with food. I insulated myself with a layer of fat to keep the world at bay. I'm ready to come out of my "shell" and face the world head on.

Same here. I used food in the wrong ways for months before I realized that I was just causing problems to myself physically and emotionally. Now that am a bit smaller, am ready to get out there and really be apart of the world and not feel low because am bigger than the next person.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wine! I enjoy my wine and nothing will put weight on you faster than alcohol.
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've learned to be selfish. That may sound bad, but I don't mean that I only thing of myself. It's just that now I dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to me and me alone. I go on walks without the kids just for some "me" time. I get up and get active for at least 30 minutes day. Before I spent all my time and energy focused on someone else, and I never really thought about myself because I didn't think I mattered. I do matter, and I'm learning to love myself from the inside out. All these years not focusing in on me has led to me being 140 lbs overweight.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Not eating out the bag. And when I do go back to that, it gets me in trouble. If you want chips, pretzels, ice cream, MEASURE IT OUT, then PUT IT BACK. It's so simple, hard to do, but so worth it when you can do it. Ice cream's not even worth it to me anymore if I can only have 1/2 cup. I just end up getting a small cone if I'm out somewhere and I HAVE to have it and/or it's super hot. 150 calories for a small cone of delicious soft serve verses about the same for ice cream from a tub and only 1/2 a cup -that's TINY. But back to the bag...Doritos, pretzels, chips used to be my enemy. I would eat out of the bag and just keep going. Now when my boyfriend has chips or something I want, I have a couple from his bowl and I stop. It's not worth it anymore. Empty calories, sodium, about 140 calories (for ONE serving) that I could have something so much better. Hello, 5 oz of chicken?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Regular exercise. I was doing pretty good on eating but working in enough exercise is difficult. It's always my pitfall.
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter. I own my mind. No chemical, food, or temptation is stronger than my mind. Our minds are one of the few things that we are 100% in control of, and my biggest change was me figuring that out.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Water, water, and more water. I still am not a big fan of drinking it, but I almost always get at least 8 cups a day in. I never drank water before MFP, literally, I did not drink water. One benefit of that is that a skin condition on my face that has not responded well to medicine is virtually gone now!
  • chachii26
    Options
    I've changed some much I don't believe it sometimes...Im a whole different person when it comes to choosing what I eat. I guess the biggest change I made was quitting soda...or any kind of juice, I wasn't really a juice person but soda was a big weakness of mine....now I only drink water....and I like it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!