5.8 Earthquake

Options

Replies

• DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    am in nc by charlotte and felt it... no one believed me... it was slight here
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am in Detroit, MI and we felt it here in our building and it's only a 2 story building. Crazy! :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    My parents in MD right outside of DC definitely felt it and went running outside. They said some stuff fell off the walls but otherwise they are OK. They said it was crazy... lasted at least 30 seconds.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    yeah... ottawa here.. in canada.. we shooook
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Felt it in harrisburg, pa
  • alynnbennett
    Options
    Albany NY and it was a 2.2 here! Scared the crap out of me and it was even a bad one!!!!! But NY doesnt get things like that
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Only people from out of town would have noticed that one where I live....
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm in VA about an hour outside of D.C. I felt it. IT SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME.
  • ljhubert
    Options
    I'm in Richmond, VA 41 miles from the center. We were definitely shaking!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Felt it in DC. I work in a government building, so I immediately assumed it was a terrorist attack and there were only moments before the building would surely collapse in flames. So I did what any self-preserving man would do, and trampled everyone in my path out building, including women and children.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    south jersey representing... thought I was having a seizure till I saw the cars jumping. LOL
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Its the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse...
    Remember you heard it here first!!
  • jase69
    jase69 Posts: 46
    Options
    I was on a work conference call...so I was oblivious. In Upstate NY
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Shelton, Connecticut 7 floors up and the building swayed. My co-workers poked their heads around the corner to make sure I was still in my seat due to my treatise on how to blow our building up. They figured if I was still sitting here that they were safe.

And yep some people ranout and refused to come in. And one asshat decided to pull the fire alarm and evac the building. :/
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Panda_Jack - Funny thing... I was reading the Zombie Survival Guide when it hit!
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sort of weird seeing an earthquake post where us kids over here in NorCal aren't involved! :-)
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I'm in Delaware. I was stopped at a red light and notice my car was shaking a little bit. I thought I was having car trouble. It eventually stopped and then I started to get text messages letting me know we had an earthquake.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I felt it here in Jersey. Employees on the first floor of our building didn't feel it.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I blame MTV...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    And one asshat decided to pull the fire alarm and evac the building. :/

HAHAHAHA!