Morning Switch

Options
vrhoff16
vrhoff16 Posts: 7 Member
Any suggestions.......im tired of shakes, bars, and oatmeal. Thanks for sharing any helpful recepies ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    eggs are only 70 calories each with lots of protein and can be prepared many different ways
  • sandrajsprouse
    sandrajsprouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look up recipes for baked egg cups. Beat some eggs like you would for scrambled eggs, pour into muffin pan, add whatever veggies, etc. you would like, and bake them. They are great to make ahead and grab on the go, if you don't have time to cook.
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A hot cup of coffee with a tablespoon of Horizon heavy whipping cream. Drinking this with a ripe banana makes for satisfying pre-morning workout light breakfast.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Look up recipes for baked egg cups. Beat some eggs like you would for scrambled eggs, pour into muffin pan, add whatever veggies, etc. you would like, and bake them. They are great to make ahead and grab on the go, if you don't have time to cook.

I second this. Egg cups are basically like mini omlettes that you can prep and have on the go.
  • sandrajsprouse
    sandrajsprouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I have time to cook, I like to make a version of Shakshuka. Chop onion, garlic, whatever type of peppers I have on hand, and fresh tomatoes. Saute/simmer until it becomes a "sauce." Season, poach an egg on top. Voila!
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I agree with the egg muffins. I make different ones for variety. Vary the meats and veggies and spices. I even used a little pepperoni and tomato in the last ones.

Some days I toast an English muffin real fast and make a quick egg sandwich with a heated egg muffin and a piece of ultrathin cheddar on it. Still lower calories and keeps me full a little longer of I'm not able to eat for a few hours.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Sweet breakfast items are not satisfying to me....I need protein, specifically eggs!
    Making burritos ahead and refrigerating for grabbing and heating for the week.
    Wraps with lunchmeats and laughing cow cheese and no heating. Tortillas and wraps you can find that are hi fiber and low carb too.
  • whitej1234
    whitej1234 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I discovered veggie salads -leafs+basic veggies+some seeds (preping the night before on busy mornings, or keeping pre cut veggies in jars and mixing them) or gaspacho soup (basically mashed salad with garlic and water) works the best for me. I am a volume eater so a huge (as in 300-400gr) leafy one with sometimes boiled eggs keeps me somehow satisfied for long.

I was surprised since eating a leaf for breakfast has always been a joke for me.